Business Intelligence DeveloperLocation:
SurreyHourly Pay Rate:
£16.97 to £21.66 dependent on experienceHours:
37.5 per week (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)Length of the contract:
Initially 6 months
Grafton Recruitment are now seeking to appoint an experienced Business Intelligence Developer to our Public Sector client based in Surrey. The Business Intelligence Developer will support the requirements of internal and external customers, including the board, Directors, Clinicians, Service Managers and Commissioners. The Business Intelligence Developer will also create, develop and maintain a comprehensive suite of business intelligence that support Clinicians and management in the execution of clinical services and service improvement.Duties of the Business Intelligence Developer
- Develop new and amend existing reports in line with service changes.
- Creating and modifying business intelligence reports and dashboards.
- Ensure reporting is effectively supported by the appropriate alignment of resources, datasets and presentation tools.
- Responsible for developing an extensive range of reporting to support the client's integrated business plan, working towards integrating clinical, financial and human resource activity.
- Understanding and interpreting user specifications.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports and dashboards to drive key business decisions.
- Recognise and adopt best practices in reporting data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Ensure all information is visually presented effectively to assist interpretation.
- Peer review developer design changes to ensure consistency and quality of published output.
- Maintain documentation in line with all reporting services and processes.
- Interrogate digital information resources and present the results using industry standard tools and products for example using T-SQL, SSRS, Power BI, etc.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on information related projects or requests using specialist knowledge of the digital information architecture and resources.
- Deliver a value for money service through use of automation, innovation and the identification of inefficiency.
- To advise the BI Development Lead on training and specialist knowledge requirements and to support the implementation of that training.
- To handle all highly sensitive patient identifiable data in a secure and appropriate manner and to apply Information Governance principles.
- Educated to degree level qualification or equivalent relevant experience.
- Recognised Informatics qualification to Masters Level or equivalent experience.
- Evidence of recent and relevant continuing professional development.
- Minimum of 3 years recent experience in a Business Intelligence role or equivalent Business Intelligence Report Developer role.
- Skilled self-starter with an analytical mind, very comfortable liaising with clients at any level.
- Strong knowledge in delivering complex local and national reports on time and to a fixed schedule.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Visual Studio, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS.
- Demonstrable experience of report development and testing.
- In depth understanding of current Public Sector information and IT policies and agenda.
- Experience of SQL Server 2008 to 2017 plus reporting packages such as SSRS, Tableau, or Power BI.
- An understanding of the importance of standards, procedures and quality in the support environment.
Hiring Contact: Tiegan Clark
Agency: Grafton Recruitment
If you would like any further information about any vacancies before applying, please feel free to contact