Senior CAD TechnicianThe Area
Sheffield The Salary:
You'll be working on a wide range of projects as a Senior CAD Technician.
Knowledge & Experience
- Working on a wide range of projects ranging from single house dwellings through to multi-storey steel, concrete and timber framed structures.
- Working on General Arrangements/ Structural Layouts and Details in Steel, Concrete, Timber and Domestic, and RC Detailing on medium to large structures. (Structures)
- Using CAD to support external works and plot drainage supporting our engineers in the design of large residential sites and structures of a variety of use (schools, industrial, care homes, hotels, etc). (Civils)
- Working on multiple projects as part of a wider team alongside architects and engineers to develop drawings/plans for our clients.
- Supporting and mentoring Trainee Technicians.
We are looking for a team player with strong experience using CAD in a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy environment.Ideally, you must have an HND/HNC in Civil or Structural Engineering or equivalent.You must have a good working knowledge of CAD and strong communication skills, both written and verbal are needed.Our Company
An award-winning engineering firm, a career opportunity with longevity, and an inspiring team to become a valued part of this prestigous Consulting Engineers who are a multi-disciplinary consulting engineering firm based in Sheffield, covering civil, structural, geotechnical and geo-environmental engineering. See our portfolio of recent projects here.Benefits & Development
The business have grown as an engineering company through continually investing in the development of our staff and teams. We offer staff a full spectrum of project experience encouraging all staff to grow their knowledge and engineering experience. We pride ourselves on our hands-on approach to your professional and technical development with in-house professional development schemes.
Working with a multitude of clients, contractors, architects and let's not forget our engineers themselves specialising in the various engineering disciplines, strengthens confidence, competence and flare.Benefits
As well as reviewing our salaries twice yearly, and rewarding staff based on merit, we also offer the following:
More than just a place to work
- A 4% contributory pension scheme
- 2 x life insurance policy
- Enhanced sickness pay scheme.
- Generous holiday allowance of up to 26 days, and the option to buy 3 more days as additional holiday as and when needed
- Flexible working with start and finish times to suit your routine - what would work for your circumstances?
- Discounted health cash plan which can help with a number of everyday medical costs
- Cycle to work scheme
It is not all about work we encourage all our staff to engage in more than just engineering, offering a range of activities from sports teams and social events to community projects and fundraising. We want our staff to enjoy coming to work, and building relationships is important to our collaborative working culture.