Legal Secretary - PermanentBlackburn£19,000-£20,000About the company
Our client is a dynamic, award-winning, multi-office practice which provides a comprehensive range of legal services to clients across the North West and UK.Recognising that employees are our greatest asset, we invest in training and development programmes and provide a working environment which is both supportive and challenging. Blending traditional values of personal and cost-effective advice with a modern and fresh approach they have achieved numerous accreditations and awards. Enjoying continual success and growth they are highly regarded within the legal market.Offering great career prospects and a competitive salary, they are seeking a small number of Post Completion Administrators to join our rapidly expanding property team. Ideally we are looking for someone with experience in a similar role, but in any event full training will be given.Main Responsibilities
The prime role of the legal secretary is to provide direct support to his/her principal to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. The legal secretary is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.Key tasks
- Prepare correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing.
- Administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office manual.
- Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- Arrange for all copying to be done, in person if the office assistant is not available to undertake the task.
- Make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up to date diary for his/her principal.
- Prepare the conference room for meetings as necessary and for the tidying and clearance of the room at the end of the meeting.
- Provide refreshments when asked to do so.
- Provide support to other secretaries as required.
- Provide guidance to junior and temporary secretaries when required to do so.
- Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for client care.
- Undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all the firm's and clients documentation and information.
- Knowledge of working within a conveyancing/private client department supporting two fee-earners.
- Audio typing to 60wpm using digital dictation systems. Knowledge of case management systems.
- Communication - excellent telephone manner
- Personable manner, good team worker, able to deal effectively with urgent matters as they arise.
- Experience in similar position
Job Type: Full-time Monday-Friday
35 hours per week
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.