Are you a Music Teacher looking for the next step in your career? If so here at destination education we are looking for a confident, knowledgeable and enthusiastic individual to join a beautiful secondary school based in Havering, Essex from September, on a full-time basis.
This position is within a mixed comprehensive academy for students aged 11 to 16, that considers its workforce talented and hard-working and pride themselves on supporting their students holistically and encouraging them to have a positive impact on wider communities as well as the school.Head of Music Responsibilities:
Head of Music Requirements:
- To ensure teaching and learning strategies are being applied consistently and in line with the schools' curriculum through monitoring, sampling and student feedback
- To promote good practice and creative schemes of work
- To oversee effective assessment, recording and reporting of pupil progress in Music
- Must have a passion for music and education
- Must be organised and responsible. Capable of running a department and handing any concerns raised promptly and effectively
- Build and have good rapport with staff, parents and students
- Be a highly motivated individual
The ideal Head of Music candidate will join a school that benefits from a well-resourced and supported Music Department.
If you want the chance to be considered for the role, Head of Music, please send your CV to Hannah at Destination Education.