We are recruiting for an Assistant Payroll Manager to join a small and friendly team on an initial12-month FTC. This role will be based on the outskirts of Colchester and offer a salary between £35,000 - £42,500. This role does offer hybrid working.
The position of Assistant Payroll Manager has been newly created within the team and will work closely with the Group Payroll Manager across a varied range of finance and payroll-related processes and tasks.
As the Assistant Payroll Manager you will play a key role in ensuring that each member of the department has the tools and capacity to perform their roles effectively and will bring in your expertise of payroll coupled with excellent technical and managerial ability.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for the collation of workload and day-to-day processing of the team.
- Escalation point for all day-to-day payroll related processes.
- Contact point for HR Admin and HR Generalists for escalation and confirmation of issues and any ad-hoc queries.
- Responsibility for the finalisation of Month End & Year End payroll processing across all payrolls.
- Ownership of the relationship of day-to-day activities with our two services providers.
- Handling of sensitive data requirements from third party customers.
- Implementing new payroll procedures to enhance those currently in operation
- Assist in the management of Benefits in Kind and P11D reporting
- Sole responsibility for collation of the Monthly pension contribution data
- Auditing our internal HR and Payroll systems.
To be successful as the Asssistant Payroll Manager you will have extensive experience of working within a similar payroll department. You'll be solutions focused, able to pre-empt problems and be an influential team player and leader.
You'll have strong managerial or supervisory experience, excellent communication skills and a demonstrable knowledge of how to build key working relationships quickly and effectively.
You will be an advanced user of Microsoft Excel and a quick learner of other IT systems. Payrite/FMP/IRIS experience would be beneficial but not essential as training will be provided.
You will receive excellent benefits including:
• 27 days paid holiday entitlement in year one (plus bank holidays), increasing a day each year up to 30 days• Medical cover• Life assurance• Cycle to Work scheme• Discounted gym membership• Generous pension scheme• Summer working hours (role dependent) • Volunteering policy and charity matching• Employee Assistance programme• Mentoring programme• Extended gender neutral parental leave
If this Asssistant Payroll Manager sounds perfect for you then APPLY NOW