Your new role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Development Consent Orders manager to join our Development Consent Orders (DCO) team, within our Major Projects (MP) directorate.
In this role you will support and work collaboratively with a group of Highways England regional project teams to deliver Development Consent Orders and Highways Act 1980 orders and Compulsory Purchase Orders across multiple major projects in the Road Investment Strategy so that legal and planning requirements and project delivery are met within National Highways' delivery targets
What you'll be leading on
- Work collaboratively with multiple major project teams and their suppliers to deliver compliant, efficient and standard order submission documents
- Working with a portfolio of project teams, drive robust and supportive planning of the deliverables, activities and resources needed to deliver Development Consent Orders and Highways Act 1980 orders and Compulsory Purchase Orders
- Provide specialist training focused on technical area to project teams, suppliers and other contacts to drive upskilling across National Highways and the wider industry
- Contribute to the maintaining and improving of multiple Project Control Framework products accessed by all National Highways major projects delivery teams and their suppliers with the aim that products deliver compliant, efficient and standard order submissions
- Drive the capture, storage and cascade of knowledge, information, ideas and lessons with project teams and the wider industry so that National Highways influences and learns from best practice and experience
- Influence, endorse or challenge internal reporting through providing technical intelligence, assurance and ownership of risks / opportunities to enable sound programme and portfolio management
- Support on the identification and enablement of efficiency opportunities, encourage innovation and empowerment and inspire continuous improvement
To be successful you'll need
- Experience working in a programme and project environment working to support the delivery of specific milestones and outcomes
- Experience and knowledge of planning and managing statutory processes required to deliver nationally significant and major infrastructure projects in England.
- Experience of managing internal and external stakeholder relationships to achieve desired outcomes
- Experience of developing training, guidance, standards and discrete advice to staff and colleagues in the field of major infrastructure projects.
- Ability to communicate in different styles to a variety of audiences
- Strong analytical skills
A bit about us
This role is positioned within the Regional Investments Programme (RIP) division. RIP is responsible for the development and delivery of junction improvements, bypasses, projects of National significance and major infrastructure projects. We deliver capital improvements that will help to grow the economy and deliver wider social benefits and improve infrastructure.