Roles & ResponsibilitiesParaplannerOverview
This highly professional IFA Group provides wealth management advice to high net worth individuals. They are looking for an experienced Paraplanner to join a small team of equally experienced staff. You should be able to work within a small team and have the confidence to deal directly with Clients and Advisers. We are looking for a qualified and experienced paraplanner who has drive and determination to succeed in their role, with an eye for detail, a willingness to learn and a "can do" attitude to support Advisers in carrying out high quality research on a full range of financial planning products in line with Group IFA's advice process and compliance framework.
You will be responsible for writing detailed reports resulting in specific product/company recommendations. Position OverviewPosition Status:
Permanent Full TimeReporting Relationships:
Reporting to Managing DirectorExpected hours of work:
Standard hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to FridayRole
- Ability to understand and articulate The Advisers requirements, flagging any concerns where appropriate.
- Obtaining information on a client's existing financial arrangements and conducting a gap analysis.
- Producing a strategy report and making high level recommendations in line with the clients' objectives where required.
- Researching the market in line with guidelines from The Advisers, The Client's circumstances and objectives for product and service solutions and preparing personalised high-quality reports written in plain English and include any compliance requirements.
- Communication with the Adviser throughout this process is of paramount importance.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Group IFA advice process, strategy and suitability letter format, pre-approval process and the regulatory requirements imposed by the FCA and be able to deliver against these in agreed timescales.
- Understand each client's circumstances, objectives, attitude to risk, capacity for loss, knowledge and experience and timescales to ensure advice is appropriate.
- Prepare analysis of client's existing portfolio.
- Conducting research and produce client facing strategy reports to facilitate business writing opportunities.
- Prepare research and quotations for client meetings.
- Deal with client and provider correspondence (as part of the research and reporting process).
- Follow the Group IFA client services process to deliver a personalised and high-quality service to Advisers.
- Prepare valuations and portfolio commentary for client meetings and updates.
- Liaise with colleagues and compliance to assist the approval and submission of compliant new business.
- Input client information onto the back-office system and ensure all tasks are recorded and acted upon within the agreed timescales. Ensure client history is maintained.
- Provide regular updates to the Adviser.
- Develop working relationships with product providers.
- Understand workflow and be able to deliver and report against various tasks, ensuring all concerned parties can easily review case status.
- Work closely with other paraplanners within Group IFA to share ideas and best practice, including assisting Manager with all aspects of a good customer experience and identify any improvements that can be made.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with skills and experience.
- Participate in appropriate company and departmental training, competence and development initiatives.
In the region of £32,000 - £40,000 pa depending on experienceExperience/ Qualifications: Essential
- Excellentorganisationaland prioritisingskills,withthe abilitytostayfocusedunder pressure.
- Excellentverbalandwritten communicationskills.
- Abletocommunicateand influenceatalllevels.
- Highlynumerateand analyticalwithexcellent attentiontodetail.
- Self-motivatedandableto workonowninitiative.
- Abilitytothinkoutsidethe box.
- Previousexperienceof workingwithinanIFA environmentwithagood knowledgeofallretail investmentproducts.
- StrongPCskillswithgood knowledgeofMSWord, ExcelandOutlook.
- Abilitytobalancecommercial needswithcompliance requirements.
- Workingtowardsorachievement of CII Diploma/Chartered Status
- Knowledgeofresearchtools& software(e.g.AEQUOSEngage, Trustnet,Analytics).
- Knowledgein otherareassuch as protection and IHTplanning.
- KnowledgeofSIPPproviders, permittedinvestmentsand specialistfunds.
- Understandingofindustry initiativesincludingTCFand RDR.
- Ableto assistwithtrainingand coachingof juniormembersof staff.
- Desiretomaintainknowledgeof industrydevelopments.
- Capableofdeveloping relationshipswithprovidersand leveragingthesewhenrequired.
- Abletoidentifyprocess improvements.