I am looking for an experienced and qualified mechanical engineer to join my fantastic client based near Redruth.
As a Manufacturing Systems Engineer, you will be a key member of the team that develops, implements and manages all aspects of our factory, including production processes, tools, systems and machines. You will focus on maintenance and development of production systems, especially test systems, as well as providing day-to-day production engineering support to the business.
A typical day in this role may include the following.
- Monitor, maintain and continuously improve production systems and processes, in particular test systems and other production automation systems
- Contribute to the production and maintenance of a technical roadmap for the factory and the production system. • As part of the Production Engineering team: - Apply Lean Manufacturing methods to maximise the performance
- Plan and manage on-going factory maintenance to minimise downtime - Manage, maintain, improve processes and systems, machines, tools, jigs, & fixtures
- Working with the R&D team, support the transfer to production of new products and product updates, including design and implementation of systems, tools and processes as needed
- Use the 8D process to resolve problems, with a relentless approach to identifying and eliminating root causes
- Support Technical Support and Quality Team to resolve customer complaints
- Promote safety on site and ensure safe operations in production and engineering activities.
Essential requirements for this role are as follows:
- Previous experience in manufacturing/production environment
- Experience and skills gained designing and implementing production systems, especially test equipment
- You will have track record designing, documenting and rolling out production processes and systems
As well as the opportunity to work for a market leading company, this role has excellent benefits including competitive pension scheme, 25 days holiday rising to 30 after 5 years service, a rewarding and fun culture and so much more.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you then apply now with your most up to date CV or contact Tom at Reed in Plymouth.