The Delivery Manager will join a team of Delivery Managers, who all support and work with the other development teams at Mountain Warehouse.
The Delivery Manager will be required to work in an agile manner - planning and overseeing all aspects of a project and being responsible for the timeous delivery of the project's goals.
You will coordinate the activities of members of the business teams as well as the development team giving guidance on priorities, solutions and making informed decisions to keep a project on track and maintaining momentum.
The Delivery Manager will drive new processes and practices within the development team and the business, to streamline communications, project updates, new requests, amongst others.What you'll be doing
We'd love to meet someone who is / has:
- Being one of the main points of contact for stakeholders working with the development team
- Supporting the development team, along with the Team Lead, to ensure their understanding and work achieves the end goal, and the project maintains momentum
- Providing expertise to shape and communicate strategies and drive forward the team's roadmap
- Creating and managing projects and workflows in Jira using a Kanban approach, according to department workflow practices
- Ensuring projects are prepared according to the latest business priorities and timeframes, as well as managing the team's capacity to start new projects
- Working with key stakeholders to identify project requirements, and articulate these to others
- Delivering change in an agile manner - working with the development team to break requirements down into deliverable chunks and aid continuous release practices
- Delivering complex projects - planning at a higher level as well as getting into the detail to make things happen when needed
- Identifying and communicating risks, issues, dependencies and blockers
- Managing cross-functional team projects where the Web team is the primary stakeholder
- Managing relationships with third parties, and adapting the team's work to a Waterfall model when required
- Gaining credibility and trust with the development team, their stakeholders, and strengthening the relationship between these teams
- End-to-end testing
- Documenting new processes on the company Wiki
- Delivering end user training where required
What's in it for you?
- Comfortable capturing and challenging briefs to ensure we are delivering the most worthwhile solutions
- Experience of leading, energising and mentoring a team
- Able to work to tight deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- A high level of organisation and demonstrated skills to manage a team's capacity
- Comfortable multitasking and prioritising several tasks at once
- Hard-working with an outgoing and positive nature
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in an Ecommerce environment
- Experience leading medium-large scale projects
- Experience working with software development teams would be beneficial
- Flexibility: remote-first with an office in central London if you need it
- Work/life balance - no mandatory overtime
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Holiday allowance
- 50% staff discount & 25% for family and friends
- Pension scheme
In 1997, we launched Mountain Warehouse to make the outdoors accessible to everyone by offering value for money product and exemplary customer service.The outdoor industry had become very jargon heavy and we wanted to create a brand that would cater to our mothers and our neighbour's kids as well as seasoned professionals who understood the technology.Our expansion since then has seen the brand grow and the product evolve, but the small family business that makes MW special has remained. Great product is at the heart of everything we do.As we expand internationally we employ a team of dedicated diverse people to offer our valued customers the best possible experience when visiting our stores, shopping online and putting our range through its paces.Welcome to our journey.