Senior Geotechnical /Geo-environmental EngineerSALARY:
An award-winning engineering firm, a career opportunity with longevity, and an inspiring team to become a valued part of this Consulting Engineers company are a multi-disciplinary consulting engineering firm based in Sheffield, covering civil, structural, geotechnical and geo-environmental engineering. We have a portfolio of recent projects.Key Responsibilities:
Knowledge & Experience
- Visiting sites to carry out, inspect and/or supervise trial pitting, soak-away testing, supervising borehole investigations, verification of capping etc.
- Supervising construction works which may include inspecting foundations, drilling and grouting of mine workings, earthworks or remediation of contaminated sites
- Preparing Phase 1 and 2 geotechnical and geo-environmental site investigation reports
- Preparing coal mining risk assessments, earthworks strategies, verification reports etc.
- Liaising with clients, regulators, site staff and other staff within the company
- Advising on geotechnical parameters for foundation design, slope stability etc.
- Carrying out detailed quantitative risk assessments
- Supporting and mentoring our Graduate Engineers
We're looking for our next Geo Engineers to have a strong Degree or Masters in Geology, Geography or Civil Engineering and be working towards your professional development with the Geological Society, Institution of Civil Engineers, or similar professional body.
Senior Geotechnical / Geo-environmental Engineer with at least five years' experience
As a Senior Geo Engineer technical experience working on a variety of different geotechnical/geo-environmental projects/sites with the ability to manage site investigations from beginning to end is crucial, including the supervision of graduate and geo engineers and producing necessary guidance for our clients through the production of Phase 1 and Phase 2 reports.A full driving licence is essential. You must have a car for work purposes to which appropriate mileage will be paid to accommodate maintenance costs.Benefits & Development
We have grown as an engineering company through investment in our team, offering a full spectrum of experience and knowledge, support and encouragement. We pride ourselves on our hands-on approach to your professional and technical development.We endeavour to give each team member vast project exposure, broadening their industry knowledge and practical experience no end. Working with a multitude of clients, contractors, architects and let's not forget our engineers themselves specialising in the various engineering disciplines, strengthens confidence, competence and flare.Benefits
As well as reviewing our salaries twice yearly, and rewarding staff based on merit, we also offer the following:
More than just a place to work
- A 4% contributory pension scheme
- 2 x life insurance policy
- Enhanced sickness pay scheme
- Generous holiday allowance of up to 26 days, and the option to buy 3 more days as additional holiday as and when needed
- Flexible working with start and finish times to suit your routine - what would work for your circumstances?
- Discounted health cash plan which can help with a number of everyday medical costs
- Cycle to work scheme
It is not all about work, we encourage all our staff to engage in more than just engineering, offering a range of activities from sports teams and social events to community projects and fundraising. We want our staff to enjoy coming to work, and building relationships is important to our collaborative working culture.