Netwirking are helping a client based in North Shields as they look to add a 1st Line IT Support Engineer to the business due to an increase in workload. This role would ideally suit someone in a 1st Line role looking to move into 2nd Line in 12-18 months. To be considered you MUST
have experience working for a MSP.
Some of the technologies you would be expected to deal with include; Windows Server, VMware, Hyper-V, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 and RDS. A good base of networking knowledge, ideally CISCO, and VOIP systems is highly desirable.
You need to hold a full UK driving licence but can use company vehicles to travel to customer sites.Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Diagnose and fix IT issues
- Liaise directly with customers regarding technical issues
- Log work and fixes into a helpdesk system
- Work to Service level agreements (SLA)
- Incident management
- Resolve Technical issues
- Support customers and provide a great level of customer service
- A good level of technical skills is essential for this role, with a fundamental understanding of Networking, Server configuration, Active Directory, Exchange Management, Microsoft products and virtualisation.
- Experience of working in a MSP
- At least 2 years' experience in IT
- MS Office 365 migration experience
- Good understanding of general server, storage and networking technologies
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Customer focussed
- Able to work well as part of a team and individually
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies