Investigo are delighted to be supporting a Buckinghamshire based Construction Client with their recruitment of an Financial Modeller, on a permanent basis.
The Financial Modeller is a newly created role as a result of continued high growth, and this is a broad role covering management and board pack reporting improvements, budgeting and forecasts modelling as well as ad hoc analysis to support the Finance Director. This is an interesting financial business partner role and should appeal to candidates with strong Power Pivot, Power Point and advanced Excel skills and some SQL coding experience. This role will support executive decision making for the CEO, CFO and Board of Directors with planning, analysis, and modelling.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Flexing and improving the Planning and Forecasting Model monthly and undertake support periodic reforecasts and budgets along with appropriate commentary and interpretation
- Producing Integrated Financial model including Balance Sheet and Cashflow
- Developing (the Model) for all departmental cost centres as well as variance reporting
- Further development, maintenance and update of the Model whilst always ensuring its arithmetic accuracy, logical integrity, security, and control. Enabling functionality for scenario plays to end with a model appropriate for budgeting and reforecasting
- Utilizing data tables and links into the company CRM, Project Control and Time Management system (Deltek) and Sage for accounting for monthly MI and the Model
- Utilising existing and develop and report new relevant KPIs for the business reporting
- To develop and maintain written documentation of the Model as appropriate
- To provide analysis of the outputs of the Model versus historic and bottom- up forecast data
- To provide outputs for presentation to management, shareholders, advisors, and in future to lenders as required
- To undertake ad-hoc modeling assignments for the evaluation of commercial and acquisition opportunities as required
- Manage detailed sensitivity testing across the financial plans and assumptions to explore the impact of changes to financial policies, new initiatives, and changes in the external environment.
- Support and assist in developing more system-based cash flow forecasting in the business
- Enhance monthly management MI reports into broader and more detailed packs taking direction from the Board and Stakeholders to meet their requirements
- Promote and assist in the development of flexible detailed contract P & L reporting and forecasting for using existing Power Pivots BI
- Support Treasury cash forecasting
- Future plans- work with the Finance Director to consider appropriate platform upgrades
The successful Candidate will be comfortable combining forecasts into integrated financial statements, so experience in a management accounting or FP&A role is important. Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI or similar is essential; SQL coding skills would be helpful as the company starts to examine next generation MI tools. Candidates must have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present information and yourself effectively and a personality to be able to negotiate and challenge information from different areas of the business.They must be proficient at Excel, Financial Modelling, PowerPoint presentation.
Our Client is offering a salary of £60,000 - £70,000 + Benefits
They also offer Hybrid working.