Mountain Warehouse's eCommerce business is a high growth, international operation that significantly contributes to total group revenue via direct-to-consumer websites, third-party marketplaces and digital concessions.
Joining our newly formed Digital Innovation, Insight & Transformation
team, the successful candidate will have a hands-on role delivering our eCommerce expansion strategy by supporting new, innovative ways to drive profitable growth to our existing businesses, streamline our operations and enhance our customer experience.
We're looking for a bright, analytical and ambitious individual to build their career with us. This role is well suited to a structured thinker who can deliver across a wide-ranging brief, sometimes to tight deadlines. It will be varied and no two days the same.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a hands-on, commercially-focused role with real autonomy and responsibility in a growing business area.What you'll be doing
We'd love to meet someone with
- Working closely with our Chief Digital Officer on key areas of the Ecommerce business
- Delivering actionable, analytical insights to spark new ideas and assess existing ones
- Owning and accelerating digital-focused initiatives from inception to implementation to review
- Supporting cross-team project implementation over short and long timeframes
- Rapidly shaping thinking in new business areas by assessing risks, benefits, competitive dynamics and key commercial or operational levers
- Building consensus around new and ambiguous topics, working across multiple teams and stakeholders
- Presenting ideas and updates to all levels of seniority
- Researching, developing and driving innovation across our Digital teams
- Building effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
What's in it for you?
- 5 years' + professional experience in project delivery and/or analytics. A background in consultancy would be well suited to this role.
- Very strong data analysis skills with advanced knowledge of MS Excel (and/or SQL)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving capabilities, particularly contexts with loosely defined structure or scope
- A demonstrated ability to work across different functions and teams, delivering strong results through influence
- The ability to effectively prioritise and multi-task while working autonomously
- Additional European languages and/or experience in eCommerce or digital would be beneficial
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Holiday allowance
- 50% staff discount & 25% for family and friends
- Pension scheme
In 1997, we launched Mountain Warehouse to make the outdoors accessible to everyone by offering value for money product and exemplary customer service.The outdoor industry had become very jargon heavy and we wanted to create a brand that would cater to our mothers and our neighbour's kids as well as seasoned professionals who understood the technology.Our expansion since then has seen the brand grow and the product evolve, but the small family business that makes MW special has remained. Great product is at the heart of everything we do.As we expand internationally we employ a team of dedicated diverse people to offer our valued customers the best possible experience when visiting our stores, shopping online and putting our range through its paces.Welcome to our journey.