The key task of the 1st Line Engineer is to be the first point of contact for all customers, whenever they have issues or requests with their IT services, via phone, email or face-to-face.
We understand that for our business to grow, our people must grow.Job Description
- Logging all issues within the agreed work management system, keeping customers informed at regular intervals with progress
- Assigning all tickets which are logged into the work management system via email, escalating to the appropriate support teams where required
- Resolving incidents on a First Time Fix basis wherever possible, and when not possible, escalate to 2nd or 3rd line technicians or to an appropriate third party
- Proactively manage and prioritise work queue, delivering consistently to agreed SLAs and quality levels
- Provide remote support to colleagues for all IT issues & when needed undertaking desk side visits to colleagues at all levels as needed in order to resolve issues
- Ensure regular security and upgrades are applied to desktops and laptops in order to ensure they are kept up to date
- Completing internal desk moves & deploying new desktops
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement or change within the Service Desk
- Ensuring that the Configuration Management Database is kept up to date
- Creating and maintaining knowledge base articles to enable consistency and learning within the IT Service Desk
- Setting up new users, movers and completing leaver requests in accordance with HR requirements
- Experience in a 1st line or IT Helpdesk role
- Confident written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Positive approach to learning
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 & 10
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience of Laptop & Mobile Configuration
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Experience of working in a regulated business
- Any Microsoft, Cisco or ITIL certifications
- Experience of working in a virtualised IT estate
- An understanding of ITIL Service Management approaches would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2016
- Experience of working in a Terminal Server or Citrix environment
We offer a range of company benefits, including shared reward scheme, discretionary bonus, 24 days holiday plus your Birthday - entitlement increases over time, holiday purchase scheme, matched pension contribution, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, access to company's holiday homes, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where possible we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
*please note that all successful applicants will undergo relevant employment reference, financial and criminal record checks.