Our Client based on the outskirts of Dartford is seeking an experienced Buyer ( manufacturing background desirable)
Salary: up to £35,000 pa
Hours|: Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm, 1pm finish on Friday - flexi time available
Some hybrid working may be available after training
Benefits: 20 days leave rising to 25 with service, co pension scheme, death in serviceDuties & Responsibilities:
- Purchase goods, materials, components, or services in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets.
- Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations.
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities.
- Work closely with others in the Supply Chain department and review opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications.
- Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation.
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance.
Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery, or invoice issues.Key Skills & Experience:
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) or similar qualification or studying towards CIPS qualification would be beneficial but not essential.
- Previous experience of working in a purchasing team preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown.
- Ability to read and understand engineering/manufacturing drawings.
- An understanding of automotive processes and components would be advantageous.
- Computer literate, with advanced Excel skills/abilities.
- purchase goods, materials andservices to ensure that the company's operational needs are met
- consider price, quality and delivery to ensure continuity of supply
- Assist inseeking out new suppliers, building upon relationships with existing suppliers and leading cost negotiations