Infrastructure Architect Systems Interoperability and Integration, Architecture Patterns, Technology Standards Working for one of the leading and progressive NHS Trusts in the region we are recruiting for a Infrastructure Architect . The successful candidate will be reporting to the Head of Infrastructure and will be responsible for evaluating the organisation's business needs and determining how IT can support those needs leveraging software, hardware, or infrastructure. This will involve the aligning of IT strategy with business goals which in turn helps to determine, develop, and improve technical solutions in support of the Trust's goals. The Infrastructure Architect bridges communication between IT and Trust operations to ensure everyone is aligned in developing and implementing technical solutions for business problems and transformation. The Infrastructure Architect will be responsible for evaluating the organisation's business needs and determining how IT can support those needs leveraging software, hardware, or infrastructure. This will involve the aligning of IT strategy with business goals which in turn helps to determine, develop, and improve technical solutions in support of the Trust's goals. Job SummaryDevelop a collaborative relationship between DIS and the Trust, ensuring technology as an enabler for the Trust
- Technical lead for all DIS transformational programmes and projects
- Lead the technical impact assessment of Business Change coming in to DIS in collaboration with DIS and Trust stakeholders
- Analyse technical and business requirements (functional and non-functional).
- Lead architectural system and technology environment evaluation
- Ensure that all Trust solutions are designed for security, service and sustainability, meeting all agreed functional and non-functional requirements
- Lead a collaborative Trust and DIS team on the choice of right tools for the job
- Lead the process of integrating technology solutions to meet the Trust's requirements
- Develop, implement and establish architectural standards and principles across technology functions and teams
- Provide senior technical support to the Trust and DIS regarding regulatory compliance (Cyber Security, IG and DPO)
- Update stakeholders on the status of DIS product and service development processes and budgets.
- Lead the analysis of business impact that technical solution decisions may have on the Trust's processes.
- Innovation - continuously research emerging technologies and propose changes to the existing architecture.
- Provide senior technical support to the Trust and DIS Programme and Project Management
- Work with DIS, the Trust and NHS Central teams to develop IT strategies and to improve current IT implementations
- Work with Trust wide product and delivery teams to develop scalable solutions and products
This is a senior role within the Trust and to be considered for the role you will be a highly skilled and experienced IT specialist, a skilled problem solver will the following skill set. The Solutions Architect will have specialist skills, knowledge and theory in leading the evaluation of the organisation's business needs and determining how IT can support those needs leveraging software, hardware, or infrastructure. This will involve the aligning of IT strategy with business goals which in turn helps to determine, develop, and improve technical solutions in support of the Trust's goals. The successful candidate will be required to use advanced analytical and judgement skills to receive, review , analyse and make recommendations on a series of high level options for the organisations IT solutions. They will have experience of managing large projects that are core to business delivery that have a significant impact on the organisation and beyond. To be considered for this senior role within the Trust you will be: Masters level qualification (or equivalent experience) in a relevant discipline; as well as evidence of continuing professional development. A detailed knowledge and experience of the key areas of CTO responsibility including:
- Architecture patterns
- Technology standards terminologies and messaging systems interoperability and integration
- Development of platforms to support common capabilities
- Development of common components to support implementation of systems and services
- Public Sector or NHS Management experience
You will have significant experience of acting as a senior technical architect, have proven and significant leadership experience and/or formal management qualification. You will possess practical experience of working in an IT Service organisation which has adopted ITIL best practice processes and procedures. The ability to deal confidently with third party suppliers and build effective working relationships. Develop and manage collaborative stakeholder engagement. You will also have Specialist knowledge in one or more areas covering:
- Data architecture
- Infrastructure and connectivity
- Enterprise architecture
A full job and person description is availableWhat you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.