Are you a senior planner looking to take the next step in your career?We are looking for a senior Planner to come and join our Government and Transport Centre of Excellence (CoE). A senior planner is required to join the PMO team to meet the workload which keeps increasing.We can offer great career progression opportunities, ability to be based anywhere across the UK, benefits which you can flex to meet your needs and training and development opportunities. What you will be doing:
What you'll bring:
- Create comprehensive Project schedules, collated into a whole Programme plan, using MS Project. Ensure key milestones, activities and resource requirements are defined and understood, dependencies and conflicts are identified, recorded and escalated for resolution where needed.
- Produce a regularly updated Programme plan. Meet with key Project & Programme team members to regularly update and refine schedules / plans to provide an up-to-date view. Incorporate changes arising from Programme review meetings. Question, and where appropriate, escalate any deviance from schedules / plans. Ensure a documented audit trail.
- Provide extracts of the Programme plan for key Governance meetings and other artefacts. Including a Critical Path view of the Programme, Dependency Maps, upcoming milestones etc.
- Generate Project reports at the required frequency. Input into relevant programme control documentation, e.g. Change Control impact assessments.
- Produce, maintain and own the Programme Roadmap and level '0' milestone tracker.
- Create and communicate planning guidelines for the Projects and Programme.
It would be great if you had:
- Experienced in working within a PMO including scheduling, Risk, Issue and Dependency Management
- Critical Path Analysis
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Proactive, diligent and driven with a logical and analytical approach to work
- Good knowledge/understanding of Project Management methodologies. - Waterfall and Agile
- Excellent knowledge of all MS Office applications i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and a proficient user of MS Project
- Ability to work well in a team and individually
- Determined and focused approach to completing a task.
- Experience in supporting resource management, planning and forecasting
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we're looking for, please do apply, we'd love to hear from you!Employment Type:
: AnywhereSecurity Clearance Level:
: Up to £55,000Benefits
: £5,400 car allowance, 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, private medical, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fundAlthough this role is advertised as full-time, we support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you're interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.
Loved reading about this job and want to know more about our company?
Sopra Steria supports the UK Government to tackle today's biggest challenges. We combine technical expertise and delivery capability with vision to accelerate change and reinvent the way that Public Services are designed and delivered. We work with energy and integrity to build intelligent, highly secure, joined-up solutions that make a difference to everyday lives. We've been helping Government to make a difference for 50 years, creating common systems and approaches, enabling government to work across multiple agencies and radically transform how Public Services are delivered. Empowering Government to make a difference to everyone, every day.