Automated Test Engineer
An exciting position has become available for a full-time Automated Test Engineer based at a first class facility in Reading. The successful candidate will earn £50,000-£55,000 per annum.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible Automation Software Engineer and will work as part of a growing multi-disciplinary team at developing innovative products and technologies for the global security industry.
The primary purpose of this role is to develop setup and maintain an automated test environment that tests the functionality of panel software as defined by the requirements.Ideally You Will Have
- Experience for setting up a new automated software test system.
- Unit and system test execution for embedded products.
- Ability to work closely with software developers to quickly understand the Software architecture and produce a testing strategy and test plan.
- Scripting languages Python/Perl/Shell or similar.
- Automatic build systems, Team City team or Jenkins.
- Unit testing frameworks, Gtest, cpptest or similar.
- Static code analysis tools, Klocwork, pc-lint or similar.
- Code coverage tools.
- Source code control systems (Git or similar).
- Proven experience in the full development life cycle of high volume electronic products.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Good spoken and written English skills.
- TCP and UDP communications.
- To Design and maintain an automated test environment that will fully test software from component to system level, this involves the integration of component, system, soak and stress tests into an automated regression test system.
- Identify new test cases and implement as required.
- Maintenance of the automatic test system.
- Provide and maintain full technical documentation on the test environment.
- Create a test system that provides a high degree of confidence in the quality of the code under test.
- Create test reports for example code coverage, percentage passed, stack usage, results from static code analysis tools.
- Identify the relevant standards relating to safety, functionality and performance and ensure the max coverage is obtain by automated testing.
- Ensure new code and updated code is fully integrated in the test environment and tested with no regressions.
- When required participate in code and design reviews and provide guidance from a testing point of view.
Our client is a world-leading manufacturer of electronic security equipment for use in residential, commercial and industrial applications in the intruder alarm market.
The company design a wide range of multi-award-winning wired and wireless intruder alarm solutions, utilising market-leading technologies developed exclusively by our in-house R&D team.Why should you apply?
If you're the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
- The opportunity to work in a first class manufacturing facility.
- The chance to join a fantastic company.
- To become part of a hardworking, dedicated team.
- To showcase your current knowledge and skill set in the field.
- To be a proactive member of the company.
- Hybrid and flexible working opportunities.
- Excellent opportunities.