Procurement SpecialistLocation: Cheshire - Hybrid working (3 days in the office/ 2 days HB)
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Procurement Specialist to lead on procurement activity and contract management across UK and Europe. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will focus on ensuring high-quality outcomes are delivered for internal stakeholders and customers, ensuring compliant, effective and efficient procurement processes are in place and widely used.
You must have proven experience of delivering high value strategic procurements in a large / complex organisation and a track record of managing and delivering robust contracts that are fit for purpose, add value and meet customer requirements.
Full membership of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (MCIPS) or the equivalent skills and experience in Procurement, Purchasing and Contracts ManagementSKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Negotiate, implement, and manage suppliers' commercial contracts. (Terms / Renewals/Tender/Implementation / Harmonisation
- Maintain contract database (Experience in SAP would be advantage)
- Key focus is to Procure manage and sustain relationships that delivers the least cost solution to minimise revenue costs and administrative support to the Procurement function
- Monitor the performance of contracts within scope to ensure volumes match contracts and commercial leverage is maximised.
- Form strong, trusting relationships with engineers ensuring the smooth operation of contracts, optimising their performance and create new strategic partnerships across the organisation and externally.
- Develop competitive alternative sources of supply for goods and services, maintaining or improving quality standards.
- Represent the company and support the plants in meetings with supplier management to create relationships that prevent or resolve supplier problems quickly. (Scorecard /Supplier Audits)
- Maintenance of vendor defect reporting system
- Category Management
- Data analysis and Plant budget management.
- Knowledge of market and prevailing legislation
- Administration knowledge
- Knowledge of factory environment and internal customers
- Knowledge of engineering consumable market
- Contract negotiation and management
- Up to date knowledge of markets and their operation
- Knowledge of SAP and interrogation of data
- Flexibility or willingness to travel
- Negotiating Skills
- Excellent Communication skills