- Secondary School based in South Bristol
- Autism Specialist
- Full time- Starting in July
- £70- £75 per day
- Working 1:1 with a year 7 pupil
Teaching Personnel are working closely with a School based in South Bristol who are seeking a Learning Support Assistant with has experience working with Autism. The SEN department are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant to join them in July. They have asked Teaching Personnel to find them a candidate for the role who can fit straight into the department and support the pupil on a 1:1 basis.
This SEN department has a number of children with a mix of Special Needs but in particular children with high and low functioning autism. The school is currently looking for an LSA to assist the teacher within the classroom. They need someone to build strong relationships with the students and colleagues, bring new ideas to the table and to track the progress of the children within the class Facilities and resources are purely built around the needs of these well deserving children, who would not otherwise have such an opportunity to strive, learn and grow.
About The Role
- The SEN department has a small number of pupils who are in there on a daily basis, the department is really well supported with a mixture of experienced Teaching Assistants & Teachers, along with enthusiastic Teaching Assistants who are either graduates or candidates who have a passion for working with SEN in education.
- Due on the complexity of the needs of the students, they would not typically work alongside the national curriculum. There is a focus on personal physical, emotional and social development.
- You will be joining an experience SEN department that is supportive throughout, with great facilities and the access to CPD courses through Teaching Personnel.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please contact Teaching Personnel Bristol.