Shawbrook is a new type of specialist financial services company, combining the relentless focus on customer service and innovation you would expect from a fintech with the expertise and certainty of a bank. Shawbrook is driven by a purpose to solve complex problems that unlock opportunity for its rapidly growing customer base of over 300,000 UK consumers and businesses.
Our success would not have been possible without our Team. Our people differentiate us from the competition through their deep sector knowledge, they are the life force of our business.
Join Shawbrook because you:
The Role & Responsibilities
- Want to help us deepen our industry sector knowledge, combining technology alongside the best banking brains.
- Want to build a bank for the future and be part of our digital transformation journey that will enable customers & businesses to thrive.
- Want to continue to grow professionally. We encourage you to grow and be the best version of yourself.
- Care about sustainability? We want to be better for our people, environment and society.
- Bring passion and enjoyment to your work. You'll work hard but you'll have fun too.
We are looking for a MI Manager to oversee the preparation, development and analysis of key management information covering financial performance, qualitative operational metrics and key risk indicators. This will require management of a small off-shore MI team and coordination of activities and information flows across several internal areas in the bank including FP&A, Treasury, Risk and Tax.
- Coordinate the completion of the various monthly MI packs, ensuring all information is accurate and variance analysis against Budget & Forecast is comprehensively explained.
- Production and analysis of the Group Executive MI to the Board, with key emphasis on accurate financial reporting and providing initial high-level commentary.
- Develop new MI as required by the business to facilitate strategic decisions and provide more insight on business development. Assist in development and streamlining of the existing monthly MI packs.
- Effective management of the offshore MI team to ensure maximum utilisation for production and to free up UK resources for analysis and development work.
- Preparation and review of Divisional management information packs for submission to Divisional MDs.
- Assist and provide support to the Group FP&A Managers across all divisions, helping them to drive changes, improvements, and additional analysis as and when required.
- Various ad hoc tasks as and when required.
- Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent).
- Experience of managing a small team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable presenting financial information to senior management.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment, comfortable and adaptable to continuous change.
- Strong experience in working within accountancy/finance-based roles.
- Strong experience in working in a similar position within a Medium to Large business.
- Strong data management and advanced Excel skills, and familiarity with accounting reporting systems (Cognos TM1and Infor SUN Systems preferred but not essential).
- Competent at providing accurate and timely information to a high standard, within tight deadlines and timeframes, whilst managing multiple stakeholder needs.
- Analytical with commercial and financial acumen, organised with an eye for detail.
- An ambitious individual with an appetite to be part of a growing company, wanting to understand the key business drivers to enhance their own skills whilst adding value.
- Willing to analyse and challenge financial information at all levels.
- Aptitude and curiosity to get behind the numbers to ensure consistency with business development and able to pull together insights for Group Executive to provide the story to support the financials.