We have a fantastic opportunity for a Capital Project Manager to join our central Estates and Projects Team as part of the Harris Federation head office in East Croydon.We are looking for a forward thinking project manager who has a genuine interest to work in Education and a desire to help our academies.
The Capital Project Manager will be responsible for delivering the capital developments across the estate, including a focus on new schools, sustainability projects and efficiency standards. As Project Manager, you will be responsible for the planning, implementation, procurement, and delivery of a high-quality services across the whole estate.About Us
TheHarris Federation mission is to transform education in London so that every student in a Harris Academy receives anoutstandingeducation. Closing the gap between children from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission.
The founder, Chairman and sponsor of the Harris Federation, Lord Harris of Peckham, opened our first school in 1990. We now have 51 primary and secondary academies across London and Essex, employing over 5,000 staff and educating some 40,000 young people.Main Areas of Responsibility
Qualifications & Experience
- Project Manage the priority, delivery, and budgets of the School Condition Allocation (SCA) projects from inception to end of defects.
- Project Manage the successful opening and delivery of free school projects, working with the DfE, design teams and local authorities.
- Project Manage and support the management of the condition and maintenance of the school estate. Supporting the asset management processes.
- Project Manage the capital elements of academy conversion projects.
- Planning, implementation, procurement, and delivery of a high-quality service in relation to all estate and projects work.
- Manage and monitor external technical advisors.
- Manage H&S through the lifecycle of all projects.
- Management third party suppliers and consultants employed directly by Harris Federation.
- Manage the consultations, admissions, branding, marketing, FF&E and uniform of all new schools.
- Provide professional services to the individual schools and ensure that the Federation complies with relevant property legislation, regulations and guidance.
- Assist with the development of all policies and procedures concerning the Harris Federation estate.
- Assist with the framework for all estates related statutory elements including overseeing the implementation and reporting of all audits.
- Contribute to the prioritisation and allocation of capital funds in line with the Federation's objectives.
- Oversee capital projects across the Federation.
- Assist in the development of a carbon reduction strategy across the Federation.
- Project Manage and support the delivery of all key building programmes throughout the Federation, reporting to the Head of Estates and Projects.
- Project Manage the delivery of SCA projects and the successful opening and delivery of free school projects, working with the DfE, design teams and local authorities.
- Contribute to monthly reports on the performance of projects to the Commercial and Compliance Director.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who has experience of managing projects and working with either Education, Charities, Third Sector, Not for Profit or wider Public Sector organisations. The successful post holder will need to be professional and have the personal skills to champion and drive high quality project management support.
We are interested to hear from individualswith:
Rewards & Benefits
- Degree or equivalent experience in a project management environment
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Project management experience within Education, Not for Profit or Public Sector industries/organisations
- Able to interpret and present complex information to inform robust recommendations for evidence-based practice and decision-making
- Proven and well-developed interpersonal skills, including excellent communication both written and verbal
- Experience of coordinating projects in complex and challenging environments
- Demonstrable successful delivery of project outputs to required time, quality and cost
- Good administrative, finance and organisational skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications including strong Excel skills
- Ability to work independently and flexibly with own initiative on various ongoing projects
- Professional working ethic and a commitment to high standards
- Ability to ensure that confidentiality is always maintained
- Ability to upskill oneself with new areas of expertise
- Experience of managing a team and developing good working relationships
We offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits. Our head office staff also benefit from flexible working on a core hours basis, offering the opportunity to choose the working hours that suit you.Safeguarding Notice
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.Equal Opportunities
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.