Our client, a leader in the design, development and production of electronic products in Newton Aycliffe are seeking a skilled, adaptable and innovative Manufacturing Engineer to join the operational engineering team on a permanent basis.
The role will work closely with the Maintenance Team and the Assembly and Calibration Unit to support the delivery of responsive engineering services.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the role is part of a team of 5 Manufacturing Engineers; each with a critical role in supporting the business to achieve the required output levels to meet demand.Job Purpose of the Manufacturing Engineer:
As part of the operational Engineering Team you will provide support to enable the efficient running of the transducer manufacturing process. You will also lead on developing and implementing continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the manufacturing process, and will deliver new equipment solutions on time to support sales demand.Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer:Operational
- Support all day-to-day manufacturing operations. Troubleshoot and continuously improve cell performance from detailed data-analysis. Responsibility for OEE.
- Manage Kaizen activities.
- Take responsibility for tooling, in-line testing methods and standard work. The role requires a mature interaction with cell operators to ensure business performance objectives are met daily.
- Engineering lead for new cell or processes with a focus on product-centric solutions. Working with the product designers and equipment suppliers to set specification and manage the cell through FAT & SAT.
- Deliver full solution to include H&S, PUWER and operational documentation
- (Control Plans and SOPs) within the agreed project timing milestone.
- Support maintenance team on cell introduction with TPM plan.
- Prepare data summary (reports and trends) with conclusion for Management.
- Work within the business ISO9001:2015 Quality System requirements related to manufacturing cells.
- Use 6-sigma problem solving techniques and Measurement System Analysis to establish meaningful process control limits.
- Responsible for alternative or emerging technologies - both generally and at current approved suppliers to improve existing or new production cells.
- Input into the Manufacturing roadmap.
Candidate Requirements (Essential)
- Create a positive working environment by promoting the core values.
- Adhere to the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI), health and safety (H&S), and health and wellbeing.
- Ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and all other governing/legal requirements.
- Ensure individual continuous development to improve personal and organisational performance.
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to the level of the post, as required.
- Mechanical, Electrical or Automation Engineer Degree (2:1) level or higher.
- At least 3 years' engineering experience in a high-volume Production
Candidate Requirements (Desirable)
- Expertise in welding, automation, motion controls and robot processes.
- Proven ability in leading rapid, successful problem-solving activities.
- Demonstrable success in implementing and delivering continuous process improvement through lean tools.
- Ownership of cell safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Ability to self-manage and prioritise multiple workload activities in parallel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Clear analysis and simplification of cell data.
- Ability to conduct reporting and produce in written format to frame the conclusion.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Writing and training-out SOP's.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to achieve personal objectives and completion of identified training.
- Commitment to continuous professional development of the team and self.
- A positive outlook with the ability to work under pressure and to work flexibly to meet business requirements.
- LSS green-belt or higher.
- Minitab or equivalent.
- Robot programming or programming of PLCs. Ladder, C# or .net.
- Knowledge of pressure systems and pressure controllers.
- Knowledge of interfacing calibration equipment e.g. DMM, PSU
- Experience in writing cell Visual Basic, GUI or other software coding.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to £42,000.00 per year