Platform Engineer (DevOps) - Azure
Would you like to be a Platform Engineer part of one of the largest outdoor gear companies with an international presence since 1997? At Mountain Warehouse, our Platform Engineers look after the behind-the-scenes infrastructure, software, and tools of our Azure Cloud platform..
We have an amazing opportunity for you to join an ever-growing Infrastructure/Platform team in a dynamic environment that has the feel of a start-up. As a Platform Engineer you will help to deploy, manage, fix and reinvent the tools, services and components that the platform relies on to automate our services and keep it operational. At Mountain Warehouse we have a large Development department who will act as your customer and fellow colleagues, and through close collaboration, support, and exchange of ideas, we share a common goal to serve our external customers and grow through learning and innovation.
If you are exceptionally motivated and passionate about the work you do then we welcome you to join us, working in an Agile environment with some of the most advanced tools, processes, and talented people in the industry to improve and support our Cloud platform.
What you'll be working on
· Working on projects that support our Infrastructure, DevOps and CyberSecurity plans.
· Providing technical solutions to real business problems in our organisation
· Carrying out day-to-day management and support of our infrastructure to a high-standard.
· Work closely with the development teams and ensure they can continue to deploy new features to production rapidly
What you'll bring
We are looking for a Platform Engineers with an appetite to extend their knowledge and apply new skills rapidly on challenging projects. You'll bring a broad range of experience in modern open-source stacks, so don't worry if you haven't got strong experience in every skill listed!
Ideally must haves:
· Cloud platform experience - Azure, AWS or GCP
· Coding experience with any programming or scripting language
· Container technology - Docker
· CI/CD - Jenkins
Some of the technologies desirable for this Role include:
· Container technology - Kubernetes
· CI/CD - Azure DevOps
· IAC - Terraform
· Familiar with any of the following Languages - Bash, Powershell, Python, YAML, Go, Node.js, C#
· The department is light on meetings - most of your time will be working on projects.
· There is dedicated training time & budget to expand your skills.
· As a privately-owned company we tend to be fast-moving, and as we're profitable and growing we tend to be able to afford the tools and hardware we need.
· Due to the current global situation with regards Covid-19, this will be a "remote" working role where interaction with other team members will be done over Microsoft Teams.
· Very fun and social team, lots of group outings and activities to partake in when feasible.
What's in it for you?
· Working from home
· Competitive salary
· 50% staff discount & 25% for family and friends
· Holiday allowance
· And other company benefits including pension and private healthcare, eligible after a probationary period
We would love it if you join the team.