Desktop Software Engineer About Schlumberger:
We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop, and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done.
We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people's energy. We're looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what's possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it.
We are committed to being at the forefront of the industry's shift towards sustainable energy production - delivering both measurable social and environmental progress. Sustainability is an important part of our history and a critical element of our future. We are proud to have a comprehensive sustainability program that is embraced throughout the organization, and responsive to local goals and driven by local teams. Our sustainability focus is made up of three components which align with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGS) - taking climate action, creating opportunity, and empowering local teams. Location:
Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, UK.
Stonehouse Technology Centre (SHTC) is the Schlumberger drilling Centre of Excellence. It supports Schlumberger Oilfield Services through innovative engineering and quality-driven manufacturing, with portfolio emphasis on rotary steerable systems, Measurement While Drilling tools, Specialised Measurement tools and Rechargeable Batteries for Downhole use, and power source products.
Over 300 employees work in SHTC's modern, fit-for-purpose building in scenic Gloucestershire. The facility was constructed to handle future demand for PowerDrive tools with an efficient workflow that ensures assembled tools are extensively and rigorously tested before delivery. On site, tools can be monitored using state of-the-art hardware and connectivity that link SHTC to all field locations.
SHTC continues Research & Development investment for new technologies, extending operational limits so that clients can reach hotter, deeper reserves. Job Summary:
The Desktop Software Engineer is responsible for developing desktop applications, leveraging frameworks and utilizing shared components to enable end user workflows in a thick (Windows) application. Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Analyze, design, develop and maintain products and assist in their commercialization in agreement with project technical and timing objectives.
- Ensure that product code and artifacts are managed and safeguarded in a configuration management system in accordance with procedures and guidelines.
- Help identify and organize requirements and produce user stories.
- Apply usability procedures and principles as defined at the project or product-line level or through customer input.
- Evaluate alternative implementations and select the one that maximizes the value of the product and minimizes the risk and technical debt.
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing.
- Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to implement and automate tests.
- Develop and execute unit tests.
- Ensure and monitor source code quality by using appropriate tools.
- Provide timely corrective actions on assigned defects and issues.
- Provide support to internal and external customers.
- Proven working experience in software engineering
- BSc in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting applications for customers
- Thorough knowledge of C# language
- Knowledge of C++ language
- Knowledge XML
- Experience in software development with interfacing to hardware
- Experience of Visual Studio
- Experience of WinForms and WPF
- Working knowledge of Agile SW Development methodologies, Unit Testing, Continuous Integration, QA and Dev-Ops desirable
- Knowledge of Versions Control Systems, preferably TFVC/Git and Azure DevOps
- Understanding of Python, Angular and NodeJS would be beneficial
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- All-round communication skills to work collaboratively
Schlumberger Eureka Technical Careers (SETC) is an established and unique program that recognizes and supports our exceptional technical experts to grow and develop. This program is well known in the industry as the backbone of our technical strength and recognizes the development and commitment of our strong technical experts and technical leaders in support of our corporate strategy. The SETC program formalizes the recognition of your technical expertise, highlights the impact of your technical solutions in our business, and sets the framework to nurture knowledge sharing inside and outside Schlumberger. BlueFlex
We are open to flexible, hybrid working with a combination of on-site & home working days. What we can offer you:
Competitive base salary with bonus, private healthcare for employee & family, subsidised dental care, Health & Wellbeing programs such as the Employee Mental health support, health & wellness coaching, part employer and employee funded pension contribution, Income protection scheme, life insurance.
Other benefits are also available through the Schlumberger flexible benefits program.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.