Do you enjoy creating engineering products?Would you like the opportunity to develop your career with a global energy company?Join our Flexible Pipe Systems team
We devise smarter systems to control and monitor oil and gas extraction. Innovating in the energy industry, our subsea and surface pressure capabilities are industry leading. The Flexible Pipe Systems business supply specialist unbonded flexible subsea flowline and riser technology globally.Partner with the best
The Product Development Engineer is responsible, under direct supervision, for the execution of the technology strategic plan for either product design improvements or new product initiatives (NPI) employing conventional design techniques. At this level the PDTE will have experience to assist in the design of complex assignments whilst maintaining timescales and meeting key objectives.
As Product Development & Testing Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Driving the completion of all technical deliverables within a given NPI program. This includes ensuring that the production, checking and, where required, approval of all deliverables is IAW schedule requirements.
- Providing engineering expertise within a technology development program including supporting the production and/or approval of procedures applicable to product development programs.
- Ensuring that Product Development, Quality, HSE and Engineering processes are followed for all aspects of a given NPI program IAW with BH, Industry and (where applicable) client standards.
- Assessing commercial and contractual aspects/risk for outsourced activities, ensuring completion of all applicable design reviews in relation to specific program schedules and agreed toll gates.
- Supporting the definition of program schedules and deliverables considering all aspects of a given NPI program.
- Contributing technical discussions, clarifications, and qualifications with 3rd party IVA and, where applicable, act as the technical POC.
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a Bachelors or equivalent degree from an accredited university in an Engineering related subject.
- Have relevant experience at an Engineer level functioning with an increased level of specialisation, practice, and responsibility plus development of others and demonstrating leadership responsibilities.
- Be an Engineer/scientist working towards chartered status with a recognised institution.
- Have experience of working with polymer and or composite materials.
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive.
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionised energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritise rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.