About the position:
Interactive Brokers U.K. Limited ("IBUK") is seeking a highly organised, self-starter capable of collaborating with Legal, Compliance and Business stakeholders in delivering IBUK's risk-based compliance testing and monitoring and supporting the compliance framework.
The Compliance Analyst will be an integral part of Compliance team and will assist with the fulfilment of Compliance responsibilities concerning market conduct, consumer protection and will deliver periodic independent testing and monitoring of operations for adherence to compliance policies and procedures and regulatory requirements while assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of compliance controls.
This role provides an opportunity to make a visible contribution to the team's efforts and to the department with exposure to risk and controls functions, compliance management and technology. The successful candidate will be able to learn and apply data analytics and business intelligence gathering and reporting skills in a fast paced and complex operating environment. This role is an opportunity for both Compliance professionals and candidates from other experience who have great analytical skills, and willing to start a new career in Compliance.
This role will work closely with General Compliance team members on the Pan-European level, divisional compliance teams and other subject matter experts and stakeholders. This role will report to the Senior Compliance Officer.Responsibilities:
Key skills, Experience and Behaviours:
- Assist with the design, planning and execution of the firm's periodic compliance risk assessment and the firm's monitoring and testing program, in accordance with industry standards and expectations of management, auditors, and the Financial Conduct Authority ("FCA");
- Identify and develop innovative uses of data, technology and tools available, to maximise effectiveness of the compliance testing and monitoring plan;
- Design queries, testing sheets and conduct analysis of large data sets to measure and provide clear observations of the risk factors and controls;
- Effectively and clearly organise and document information arising from the execution of the monitoring and testing programme targeted at different stakeholders; and identify changes and enhancements to the programme;
- Assist with the maintenance the Compliance Policies and Procedures framework, ensuring all artefacts are updated on a regular basis;
- Assist with thematic reviews of IBUK's different business areas and regulatory risks;
- Monitor changes to the business and areas of regulatory change and work with the Senior compliance officer to assess the impact on the Compliance testing and monitoring plan and the business; and,
- Supporting others in the General Compliance team as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Solid experience (2 years +) as a business analyst, audit, compliance, risk, or other professional, with relevant experience in conducting system or programme testing and/or thematic reviews;
- Knowledge of the applicable regulatory framework, including Conduct Risk, PERG, COBS, DISP, SYSC, and other relevant FCA sourcebooks / guidance is a plus;
- Excellent communication and written skills, particularly the ability to interpret and transform information into effective and clear language aimed at target audience;
- Significant interpersonal skills and the ability communicate effectively with the key stakeholders inside and outside of the firm to build strong relationships and achieve results;
- High degree of comfort with technology and a functional understanding of how technology can be applied to business and regulatory solutions, strong Excel skills;
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple, deadline-driven priorities in the fast-paced work environment with strong attention to detail;
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, organisation and follow-up skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, formulate and articulate solutions and defend assumptions;
- Excellent time management skills combined with the ability to work on your own initiative and exercise judgement with discretion;
- Versatile as the needs and demands of the team evolve.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: )
For more information, please visit