IT Asset Management AdministratorPermanent OpportunityLondon Office (Hybrid)Overview
Our IT team is growing and looking to recruit an IT Asset Management Administrator to be based in our London office. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of hardware and software asset management from procurement, discovery and tracking, reporting, auditing, renewals all the way to disposal of assets in line with IT security and governance standards. As well as owning the day-to-day operations and management of the lifecycle of assets, you will be working closely with the finance team to ensure cost allocations are accurate and that the configuration management database is regularly updated. You will also undertake staff on-boarding and off-boarding tasks ensuring correct hardware/software assignment, asset tagging and collection of equipment for leavers as well a governing the lost/stolen policies to ensure the adherence of company policy.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a professional services firm with a great work ethic and a positive attitude in developing employees to achieve their full potential.Main responsibilities:
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Maintain the IT Asset Register within the CMDB.
- To be the main focal point for IT asset procurement, inventory, and management.
- Process Asset Management tasks relating to Starters, Movers and Leavers ensuring end of life devices are returned within required timeframe.
- Ensure that deliveries against POs are correct and any outstanding or incorrect orders are followed up or escalated.
- Process repairs, returns and re-assignment of hardware to our end users ensuring all data is captured accurately.
- Implementation of policies and standards governing damaged, lost, stolen and replacement of assets.
- Work with the Finance team to ensure cost allocations are correct and up to date.
- Manage software licenses, avoiding unnecessary spend where possible.
- Keep up-to-date with new software products and license rule changes.
- Work with the IT Teams on projects concerning configuration of new equipment and disposals.
- Undertake physical audits and cross reference against the asset register.
- Record and facilitate stock management, goods in and goods out processing.
- Manage Incident & Service Request Asset tasks in line with SLA and relevant policies.
- Adhere to policy and workflows, and to suggest operational improvements where possible.
- Prepare and assist with annual budgetary planning.
Diversity & Inclusion
- Demonstrable experience within a similar role.
- Strong financial analytical skills and attention to detail.
- An understanding of IT Asset management lifecycle processes and tools.
- Experience of request fulfilment within an ITIL-based organisation.
- Knowledge of general procurement procedures and policies.
- Knowledge and exposure to IT hardware such as mobile devices and laptops.
- Advanced problem-solving skills that can be applied to situations and problem resolution.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong all-round Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Being an all-round team player, people's person and able to work in an open fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented constantly looking to make improvements to drive efficiency.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Licensing.
- Previous experience using an incident management/tracking system such as ServiceNow.
A&M's entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work-guided by A&M's core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity-are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.Voluntary Inclusion
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation,gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
- Location: UK-London
- Type: Full time