FundApps is a SaaS scaleup that helps investment managers monitor and comply with worldwide regulations. We were one of the world's first "RegTechs" and we're shaking up an entire industry. Our clients love what we do and this has led to phenomenal consistent revenue growth.Our first area of focus was to help managers with Shareholding Disclosure, a complex regulatory problem without a fit-for-purpose solution in the market. Since that time, our service has become the undisputed market leader for the management of Shareholding Disclosure. We have also added new ground-breaking services - Sensitive Industries and Position Limits - and in 2020, introduced Rapportr to make reporting simple for our clients.Everyday, our service monitors a collective US$14 trillion in assets under management on behalf of clients ranging from US$50 million Hedge Funds to the largest Sovereign Wealth Fund in the world.We're a growing team of 90 FundAppers and over 30 nationalities at last count. We have offices in London, New York and Singapore and remote employees spread across the globe. In 2018, we became a Certified B Corporation and in 2019 were recognised as a B Corp 'Best for the World' Honoree - highlighting our commitment to doing good by our people, the environment and the community.Rapptr, our main product, isn't some shiny but vacant consumer app. There's real complexity both in terms of volumes of data that we deal with, and how we visualise the results of hundreds of rules running across thousands of portfolios - in a way that's simple, understandable and easy to manage.We ️ clean, simple code.We're a small team of smart, friendly people who collaborate closely and take pride in delivering amazing software and providing extraordinary customer support. You'll help shape what we work on and how we do it. You won't be micro-managed or stuck in a rut. We work hard on challenging problems and have a good time doing it.We believe focusing on automation, testing and code quality enables us to move faster than our competitors whilst delivering better software. Our team values are professionalism, sustainability, and psychological safety; we hold each other to high standards, give each other considered, caring feedback, work smart and look out for each other. Learn more about our engineering culture here.We are looking for motivated, intelligent individuals who love to code to join our close-knit engineering team. We pride ourselves in getting our engineers up and running fast - expect to build and deploy your first feature in week one.This can be a fully remote or hybrid position to those residing in the UK, Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, Croatia, Denmark, Switzerland, Sweden, Iceland and Poland. We require a standard B2 grade of spoken language as a minimum. We have a fully accessible office in Shoreditch, London.About you
- You are a senior developer with a real passion for back-end related work, with experience in C# (or a desire to learn it and relevant experience in another language)
- You get a kick from understanding the technicalities of platforms and have architectural aspirations
- You thrive on getting things done and deployed to users
- You care about your craft and are hungry to learn new skills and improve your existing ones
- You know and appreciate automated testing, clean code and continuous deployment
- You are a pragmatist who believes in strong opinions weakly held
- You are a team player who focuses on team success over individual output, and are always willing to help your colleagues out
What you will be working on
- You will be identifying ways to improve our overall architecture and lead from the front on delivering on new technical solutions
- You'll help ensure the success of our bigger product initiatives by focusing on good working practices, slicing stories and minimising technical risk as you go
- More broadly, with happy customers on long term contracts we are investing in our platform to prepare for the next phase of our journey. You will be a key contributor to the evolution of the platform to support ambitious plans to grow market share and launch new products.
Our core technologies
- Front-end: React, TypeScript
- Back-end: C#
- Data storage: PostgreSQL, SQL Server and S3.
- Infrastructure: Terraform and AWS, using Fargate, Lambda, Step functions, and a lot more!
- Pipeline: Github Actions, TeamCity and Octopus Deploy
We don't expect you to tick every box; if you get warm fuzzy feelings about what we're trying to achieve at FundApps, then we want to hear from you!Salary expectations 55,000 to 80,000 per annum dependent on skill and experience.BenefitsLife at FundApps
ð Matched pension contribution up to 10%ð Flexible working - Choose a work from home/office arrangement that suits youð¶ 26 weeks leave for all new parents regardless of gender, location or family structureð 1,000 learning budget each year and unlimited professional development leaveð Wellbeing benefits such as private health insurance, a flexible stipend, mental health coaching and a Headspace subscriptionð Peer micro-bonuses through Bonuslyð 25 days holiday leave + an extra day next year if you use it all + an extra day after 3 & 5 yearsð§³ 5 Years @ FundApps - additional 4 week paid holiday leave during your 5th year as a FundApper️ Unlimited volunteering leaveð Birthday offð· Unlimited sick and compassionate leaveð Cycle to work schemesð Peer-led 'Brown-bag lunch' learning sessionsðð¾ððð¼ððµð¼ð³ð½ð½We are proud of the diversity of all FundAppers - it makes us strong. You will find flexibility around religious observances, our national flags all around the office, a monthly 'Laydeez who lunch' and a Pride celebration with some epic Cher and RuPaul playlists! If you're looking for a workplace where you can just be yourself, you're in the right place.Your privacy