Mechanical Maintenance Engineer - Permanent Staff - Salary + Benefits - North Lincolnshire
Our leading manufacturing client based in North Lincolnshire are seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join their growing team. You will provide mechanical engineering technical support on a day to day basis to the Manufacturing and SHE functions.
* You will be a professional Mechanical Engineer with experience within a continuous manufacturing environment.
* A strong communicator possessing the ability to work alongside other departments and provide technical input to the maintenance and reliability functions to ensure production maximised and disruption is minimised.
* Hold a working knowledge of both fixed and rotating equipment and associated deterioration mechanisms and failure modes and ideally have a proven track record in specifying repair scopes for plant equipment.
* To ensure engineering maintenance activities across the site are conducted to the correct site, national and international standards.
* Provide technical assistance to the Mechanical Coordinator and Mechanical Team Leader in both planned and reactive maintenance activities, specifying repair to fixed pressure equipment and rotating equipment adhering to internal management of change processes.
* Proactively working alongside the Mechanical Reliability Engineer to aid the identification and elimination of poor performing plant and equipment.
* Provide technical mechanical engineering support to maintenance activities and capital projects.
* Define and implement reliability improvement projects. Provide a technical engineering interface between Maintenance and Manufacturing teams to ensure planned and reactive maintenance tasks are effectively prioritised and implemented, ensuring minimum impact to plant production.
* Instigate and facilitate the root cause analysis investigation process in accordance with the site engineering reliability strategy.
* Work within Global Purchasing Policy and provide technical support to Purchasing Dept to ensure sufficient stock of critical spares is maintained.
* Act as Authorised Person signatory for the permit to work system. Responsible for ensuring that SHE and quality matters are appropriately managed to meet internal and external requirements/standards including own work performance and behaviour, including implementation of corrective and preventative actions to minimise the risk of recurrence.
Qualification & Experience:
* Degree in Mechanical discipline or have equivalent experience.
* Ideally either NEBOSH or IOSH.
* Experience of both reliability & integrity based maintenance would be preferred.
* Experience in either chemicals, petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, process manufacturing, COMAH sites or equivalent standards would be preferred