Are you a Data Architect looking for your next challenging role?
We are recruiting for a Data Architect to join our Architecture practice. As a Data Architect, you will be responsible for designing and visualising the organization's data management framework describing the processes used to plan, define, acquire, maintain and control data, and providing expertise on data governance, integration, security, master and metadata management, data acquisition and migration, and data quality principles.
We can offer great career progression opportunities, ability to be based anywhere across the UK, benefits which you can flex to meet your needs and training and development opportunities. What you'll be doing:
What you'll bring:
- Responsible for the provision of data architecture and design for solutions for Sopra Steria customers ensuring alignment with IT strategy and target architecture for our customers' data platforms.
- Translating business requirements into technical specifications, roadmaps and deliverable data solutions, including data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, data warehouses, and business intelligence, reporting and analytical platforms
- Defining the data architecture framework, standards and principles, including modelling, metadata, security, reference data such as product codes and client categories, and master data such as clients, vendors, materials, and employees
- Defining reference architecture, which is a pattern that others can follow to create and improve data systems
- Defining data flows and data lineage, visualising which parts of the organisation generate data, which require data to function, how data flows are managed, and how data changes in transition
It would be great if you had:
- Understanding of architecture and design concepts for data solutions and technologies
- Ability to operate across the data lifecycle and provide detailed technical advisory on data models & data engineering
- Experience with multiple data storage types and technologies in Microsoft Azure data solutions
- Understanding of conventional and emerging data technologies such as relational and NoSQL databases, data warehousing, business intelligence, descriptive and predictive analytics, data visualization, unstructured data and cloud platforms
- Experience gathering and analysing requirements and turning business problems into data design: designing data architecture by dealing with specific business problems and aligning it to enterprise-wide standards and principles
- Strong data modelling skills with ability to explain the concepts and principles of data modelling, and to produce, maintain and update relevant data models for specific business needs including reverse-engineering data models from a live system
- Strong analytical skills with ability to undertake data profiling and source system analysis, and to present clear insights to support the end use of the data
- Design and development of Single Customer View
- Experience of data virtualisation platforms
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate) and/or Azure Certification
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we're looking for, please do apply, we'd love to hear from you!
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Location: Homebased with occasional travel to Hemel Hempstead
- Security Clearance Level: BPSS
- Internal Recruiter: Jen Whiteside
- Salary: £60,000 - £80,000 per annum
£5,400 car allowance, 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, private medical, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we support many ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you're interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.Loved reading about this job and want to know more about us?
We support the UK Government to tackle today's biggest challenges. We combine technical expertise and delivery capability with vision to accelerate change and reinvent the way that Public Services are designed and delivered. We work with energy and integrity to build intelligent, highly secure, joined-up solutions that make a difference to everyday lives. We've been helping Government to make a difference for 50 years, creating common systems and approaches, enabling government to work across multiple agencies and radically transform how Public Services are delivered. Empowering Government to make a difference to everyone, every day.