Tutors required in Crediton
Are you a tutor looking to make a difference? Are you a tutor who has experiance of working with children in care? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Team Educate are the agency of choice for a number of local authorities in Devon and we currently have a number of students who require 1:1 support in Crediton.
- Year 10 student requires 6 hours of tuition per week (3 sessions of 2 hours). Days an times can be flexible but must be during the school day.
- Year 6 student required 2 hours of tuition per week (1 session of 2 hours). This will take place at a local primary school ideally 1 afternoon per week.
- Year 9 student requires 2 hours of tuition (1 2 hour session per week). This would be after school from 4.30 / 5.00 at the students care address.
You responsibility as a tutor will be to plan and deliver focused and tailored lessons to the individual children to provide them with education. These young people may be out of school for a number of reasons (medical, waiting for a school placement, having moved foster care) but are in need of support to help them get to their desired level. We are able to liaise with the schools and provide predict grades and schemes of work to help with this transition.
Our tutoring is booked on a longer term basis and can last for a number of weeks to a number of months, providing guaranteed work with the same individual allowing you to have a real positive impact in the young learners education.
We do also have more placements available with some of these being virtually as well as in person. Some of the lessons can be done via Skype, TEAMs or Zoom but you may also be asked to delver lessons in schools, alternative provisions, care homes, public area such as libraries or at their homes.
We are looking for qualified teachers throughout Devon, Cornwall, North Somerset, Somerset and Bristol. Lessons will normally be 1-3 hours long and we may be able to offer a full day of lessons working with 2-3 different pupils or part time hours to fit around other commitments. The sessions can be during school hours, in the evenings and on weekends (depending on tutor availability). We can book you into as many hours as you like and some of our tutors are working 30+ hours per week.About the role:
- Multiple hours available
- Monday - Friday (and occasionally weekends)
- In person tuition at YP care address + virtual available
- Pay rate £25 - £30 per hour
- You will be delivering core subject lessons to bridge the gap in their learning and support the pupils emotional needs
- Most of the pupils will have SEND needs so we require tutors with experience of working with young people with a range of different needs and abilities
If you require any further information about this role, please do get in touch and give us a call. To be eligible for this position, you are required to have the following:
To apply, please send me your CV today
- School / Tutor experience
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or Teaching Degree
- Good subject knowledge in Maths, English and Science
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide references that can be contacted
Team Educate is a forward-thinking agency with the schools and candidates best interest at heart. We have lots of positions coming to us on a weekly basis and we are confident we can find the perfect role for you! We go above and beyond for all of our candidates and can offer the best service in the industry in our amazing schools. We can offer as much or as little work as you want, allowing a lot of flexibility and the opportunity to get amazing and paid experience in our schools!
Come and join our amazing Team so we can continue to be an outstanding team of Educators! #TeamEducate
Have a friend who may be interested in joining us? We offer £75 for every Teaching Assistant referral and £150 for every Teacher referral
(terms and conditions apply)