Performance EngineerUp to £34.50/hr - Inside IR35Peterborough/Remote - Hybrid24 month initial contractDiesel Engines
As a Performance Engineer you will have responsibility for conducting testing, development and sign off for our clients 0.5L to 7.1L engine programmes.
You will work closely with engineering teams to define & deliver robust methods in achieving objectives and will also work closely with an engine test operations team to ensure quality data is achieved.Key Responsibilities include:
Skills and Experience:
- Conduct and/or direct engine tests, calibration and performance development to support 900 series program requirements
- Conduct and/or direct tests (including Design of Experiments), checking data quality, test result integrity and repeatability
- Write requirements, procedures, and reports and formally present on test outcomes
- Plan, manage and deliver tests to tight time scales and to right quality
- Collaborate with global teams to drive global alignment and best practices
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering curriculum
- Data analysis - comfortable capturing quality checking and analysing data off the test-bed
- Performance and emissions calibration - Engine Combustion understanding
- Experience in combustion, performance, and economy development of diesel engines.
- Experienced in the use of testbed software, calibration tools, emissions measuring equipment and test data logging systems
- Vector CANAPE desirable
- Hands on engine testing and problem-solving experience
- Flexibility to WFH, Will need to support on-site as and when needed.
- 2x positions available
For further information, please send your interest and CV to James Tilley -
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.