ABC Teachers are seeking 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant to work in a KS1 class at primary school in Great Barr. Starting in September 2022.
The role will be working 1:1 with an SEN pupil during the morning session and will be general classroom support in the afternoons.
We're looking for a qualified teaching assistant with a passion for supporting pupils and the ability to adapt teaching techniques from pupil to pupil dependent on their needs and abilities.
To be considered for the SEND Teaching Assistant position, you will:
Have previous experience working with SEN or primary age children
Have suitable qualifications to work with young people
Have strong interpersonal skills
Have the ability to cater to different children's needs
Be patient, calm and caring
ABC Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About ABC Teachers
ABC Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What ABC Teachers offer
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online EduCompli training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Teaching Assistant with relevant experience who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact the Primary Team on (phone number removed).
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.