Senior Finance Business Partner, Southampton £60-75k + bonusHybrid working
Butler Rose is delighted to be supporting a well-known global manufacturing business in the recruitment of an experienced Finance Business Partner to join their team.
Working in a dynamic, fast paced environment, you will be joining a dedicated and friendly team of professionals supporting a growing global manufacturing business. The role includes line management of a small team and is the lead accountant supporting the UK Manufacturing Operations in all aspects of manufacturing financial reporting. The Southampton site will be going through a period of change due to expansion of their manufacturing business and the roll out of a new ERP system. As such, we are seeking a highly motivated individual to support this phase of change and growth.Key responsibilities:
- Drive business improvement through effective monitoring and insight on business performance and the cost to manufacture.
- Responsibility for the delivery of all activities required by the different Business Unit functions on a monthly basis to deliver accurate, timely and appropriate management accounts.
- Delivery of annual and quarterly budgets and forecasts for all Business Unit production costs, effectively managing the process and output to corporate timetables.
- Drive continuous improvement of our manufacturing accounting by providing expert advice and challenge to current processes and practice.
- To act as interface and subject matter expert for UK manufacturing accounting with Global Business Process Team.
- To support the organisation in delivering its Business Improvement Plans, undertaking an active role in a variety of projects and activities designed to deliver against the company's goals and objectives.
- Act as deputy to UK Manufacturing Financial Controller when necessary.
- Management and development of the team of Business Unit Accountants to ensure their ongoing training and development.
- An active member of a business unit, to provide financial support to the Business Unit Director and management team supporting decision making and ensuring an understanding of the financial consequences.
- To ensure all inventories are controlled and recorded in accordance with group accounting policies, including the generation and use of standard costs.
- Undertake the usual range of transactional accounting activities such as journal and balance sheet preparation and approvals of documents for team.
- To ensure compliance with the company's internal policies on financial controls and to support internal and external audits as required.
We're seeking a Qualified Finance Business Partner / Finance Manager or Controller level candidate who is a proven leader and has worked for a fast-paced Manufacturing business.
Experience in the financial management of inventory is a real advantage. A high level of computer literacy is required, especially in the use of integrated financial databases and costing systems with advanced Excel skills.
Candidates should be hands on in their approach and be able to work under pressure with strong analytical and problem-solving skills and above all, first-rate business partnering skills.
A continuous improvement mindset is essential as is a high level of initiative.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-known and fast-paced business with real opportunities to develop. Benefits include 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, bonus, pension scheme, healthcare cover, life assurance and free parking.
Hybrid working of 3 days in the office / 2 working from home available.
Please apply for immediate consideration!
Butler Rose is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.Butler Rose Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.