UK Business Development Leader - Finance and Supply Chain
Today's organizations are facing multiple challenges arising from Covid, supply chain disruption, global economic and political volatility, and the ongoing stretching of financial resources. At the same time, new technologies like machine learning, blockchain and digital automation are providing an opportunity to transform the ways that services are delivered and thereby deliver large-scale service improvements and efficiencies.
Oracle's finance cloud solutions leverage new technologies into the finance and supply chain arena, providing organizations with a sustainable platform for innovation and future growth. Our customer base is growing rapidly and so is Oracle's cloud application's footprint. At the same time we see an active competitor landscape across a number of commercial industries - although often with solutions that are far less mature, robust or innovative.
If you want to lead the team that is driving digital transformation across the UK and Ireland market, is avid for innovation, and embracing the challenge of delivering "more for less" this role could be for you.
We are looking for professionals that:
· Have a strong background in business development, bringing experience in developing and executing go-to-market plans, and working collaboratively with Sales. Marketing, Partners and other key stakeholders
· Have strong communication skills, able rapidly to establish credibility and trust with Sales teams and operate at Board level
· Have gained experience in the systems lifecycle for major finance and/ or supply chain solutions - for example, procuring, implementing and/ or using ERP or EPM systems
· Have a network of C-level relationships across different sectors and/ or with partner organisations (e.g. consultancies, system integrators)
· Have a passion for innovation for driving change across different sub-sectors within UK&I market, which can be translated into an ability to influence multiple stakeholders.Why Oracle
Oracle is a committed partner to helping organisations derive more value from their finance and operations teams. We are recognized as the global leader in ERP Cloud applications, and have a rapidly growing customer base. Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
Working with Oracle means being on top of innovation supported by $4 billion in annual R&D complemented by continuous investment in acquisitions to guarantee we fulfill our promise to our customers of giving them access to best technology.
For more information about Oracle, visit www.oracle.com or www.oracle.com/careersThe role
Leading a UK business development team focused on ERP the Business Development Leader is responsible for defining, building and executing the ERP Cloud Go to Market plan to enable realistaion of our ambitions for sales in the UK. This requires working closely with the Sales Leaders, Sales Representatives and other key stakeholders to engage with both IT and Business leaders in customer organisations. The Business Development Leader will also take a hands on role in driving pipeline for Net New accounts - overseeing a team of Transformation Directors and Business Development Associates bringing specific expertise to position our solutions with customers that do not currently use Oracle products for their finance or supply chain operations.Scope of the role:
- Overseeing the definition and execution of the Go-to-Market Plan for ERP and Supply Chain solutions. Securing buy-in from sales leaders, and other teams needed to execute against the Plan. This needs to be driven from the perspective of an understanding of customer needs and how our solutions best bring them value
- Identifying and influencing key stakeholders - customers, analysts, partners, influencers - to encourage existing customer to migrate to our Cloud solutions and to acquire Net New Customers. The aim is to further increase our market share through planning and execution of activities working closely with other key organizations like Marketing, Alliances and Oracle Consulting
- Establish themselves as an ERP SaaS thought leader and expert in the UK&I market
- Work with Sales and other teams to:
o Identify market buying potential;
o Shape the most appropriate sales campaigns targeted at specific personas and customers;
o Define effective hooks and messages for the business development consultants and sales teams to deploy; and
o Track investment in activities and related KPIs as agreed with the ERP Management team
- Working with and leveraging the appropriate resources and stakeholders within Oracle for successful execution of demand generation activities
- Reports to Head of Business Development WE ERPM You will be responsible for:
- Developing and driving the Go To Market plan for the Digital Finance & Supply Chain suite across all sectors in the UK&I
- Securing fresh pipeline for Net New customers, co-ordinating resources from across the organization and interfacing directly with target customers
- Supporting strategic customer engagement; Key contributor to defining the ERP strategy for customer accounts
- Engaging and provide direction, leadership and motivation to all parties engaged in the ERP Cloud business
- Ensuring that Knowledge Management occurs in the relevant sub-sector/ product groups sharing best practice across including related competence for customer facing staff
- Be able to articulate the ERP and x-pillar (e.g. back office) propositions in the business context of prospects, customers and partners
- Oversee, develop drive specific sales campaigns
- Operate in line with Oracle's HR policies and procedures
The area you will cover, the position you will hold, the environment in which you will work are changing at a fast pace: you will, therefore, want to be comfortable facing a certain amount of unpredictability which you will consider as your chance to affect the future.
You will work in matrix organization in conjunction with technical field experts, management consultants, marketing directors, sales development leads and product development. The work requires you to travel for customer interactions while virtually working with the supporting functions.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable