6 month interim role with potential to convert to permanent at a fast-growing Wealth and Asset Manager going through a period of change brought on by a merger. The Finance Director is keen to secure someone ASAP with a relevant background in corporate/financial accounting in a financial services firm with responsibilities as follows:
- Financial Controller responsibilities for all international entities including US GAAP, UK GAAP and IFRS reporting; previous US reporting experiences a big advantage.
- Manage the external audit process for the International Wealth Management business.
- Analyse financial performance including historical analysis and live trends.
- Work cross-functionally on accounting and SEC reporting matters for preparation and review of financial statements and relevant disclosure checklists.
- Develop and maintain effective internal controls in relation to the financial reporting process, ie: SOX.
- Partner with other colleagues in finance on systems upgrades and roll outs.
- Continually research and stay well-informed of US GAAP, UK GAAP and IFRS accounting standards, as well as SEC and other regulatory reporting requirements.
- Perform technical accounting research and analysis for significant accounting policies, such as revenue recognition and capitalisation/expense analysis, as well as for potential mergers/acquisitions, including purchase price allocations, goodwill, and intangible assets.
- Collaborate with the FP&A team to assist with financial analysis, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials for the leadership team.
Your background is likely to include:
Given the urgent nature of this role, please only get in touch if you're immediately available or on 1 month notice period or less.
- Formal Accounting qualifications and a background in financial / corporate accounting in a medium to large sized financial services company - asset or wealth management preferred.
- Strong technical accounting experiences; US GAAP and/or SOX reporting helpful.
- Exposure to acquisition accounting and integrations, purchase price allocations, consolidations, eliminations, and post M&A financial reporting and systems support is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and happy talking to stakeholder across the organisation and externally
Comp on offer is £100-120k fixed term contract for 6 months. Hybrid working and Central London location.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.