JRS are currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer/Supplier Account Manager to join our thriving client and assist with their growth.
The purpose of the role is to establish best practice procurement processes working with key suppliers to manage the delivery, quality and cost (QCD) of products and services. The role is varied and requires the appointed person to be organised.
* Build and develop relationships with key suppliers and work on ways to improve their on-time-delivery whilst reducing their lead-times and quality non-conformances.
* Identify, research and introduce new suppliers as required across product range, using the agreed 'on boarding' process and reduce the supply base based on strategic decisions to gain leverage
* Gain a good understanding of the manufacturing processes of key suppliers to actively encourage process improvements to meet QCD
* Participate in the development and implementation of purchasing strategies for our products - implement call-off orders, agree pricing breaks and supplier stock holding.
* Liaise with the appropriate department managers to identify, separate & control non-conforming materials, including supporting documentation for returns procedures
* Instigate corrective actions with suppliers and review to ensure they have been closed out
* Gain a good knowledge of commodities and how this potentially affects supply
* Conduct audits, monthly supplier reviews and complete, evaluate and manage Vendor scorecards for key suppliers
* Manage supplier vulnerability, reporting risks and establish mitigation where appropriate
* Evaluate requests for quotes and decide appropriate supplier selection based on QCD
* Work closely and communicate clearly with appropriate department managers in purchasing for, and maintaining the production plan - emphasis on the on-time-delivery to planned dates
* Ensure stock levels are efficiently maintained in line with the stock guidelines, MRP, production, customer delivery programmes and forecasted planned requirements
* Actively seek to improve processes, working with relevant stakeholders
* Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to manage suppliers to establish sound replenishment methods
* Sound knowledge and understanding of procurement practices within a low volume high variance manufacturing environment
* Experience of Sage 200 would be beneficial but is not essential
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft office
* Must be conscientious and well organised with the ability to adapt to changes
* Have good interpersonal and team working skills, with a 'can do' attitude
* An ability to build strong commercial relationships with suppliers
* Aware of procurement best practice and continuous improvement principles
* £30,000 - £36,000 depending on experience
* Company bonus scheme
* General Life Assurance
* Free daily catered lunch
* Free fruit delivered twice weekly
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted by one of our consultants. If you have not heard from JRS within 5 working days of your application being submitted, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion