Sue Ross Recruitment are working exclusively with Sheffield Scout Resources Charity in the recruitment of their Retail Operations Manager for their Scout & Guide Shop.
The business currently employs 7 staff based at their premises in Trippet Lane - 80% of it's business is internet sales. The business is owned by Sheffield Scout Resources Charity, an independent charity owned by the Scout Districts of Sheffield. The Charity also holds a licence for the shop to produce products utilising the Scout Association trademarks and logo's.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Manager to lead and oversee the work of their employees. You will be responsible for ensuring the efficiency of current business operations as well as setting strategic goals for the future.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in all business matters. You will have competent leadership skills and be able to provide guidance that enhances performance in a manner which incorporates the charity's vision and culture.
The goal will be to maintain the profitability of our retail activities and to drive sustainable development for long-term success.
* Staffing - Monitoring the staffing requirement of the operation and, when required, carrying out the recruitment and training of employees to meet and maintain the viability of the business. Managing the day-to-day work of the employees and, in conjunction with the Trustees, provide feedback and counsel to staff to maximise the operations efficiency.
* Resources - Actively work in co-ordinating stock levels, purchasing and sales to endeavour to ensure that budgets are met. Ensure that suitable resources are in place to maximise productivity. Ensure checks and balances are in operation to enable management to monitor of the efficiency of the shop's operation.
* Relationships - Maintain good relationships with suppliers and service providers and especially deal directly with customer complaints to maintain the reputation of the business. Represent the Shop at external events.
* Reporting to Charity Trustees - Prepare regular reports for circulation to the supervising trustees of the Charity. Personally present reports on all aspects of current operation and immediate future directions to the Executive Meetings of the Charity, at five evening meetings per year.
* Finance - Act jointly with the Charity Administrator, to prepare financial budgets for the shop. Monitor the actual position on an on-going basis.
* Regulatory Requirements - Ensure that the business adheres to all relevant legal rules and requirements, including GDPR.
* Development - Regularly assess the current position of the business and the overall market for Scout and Guide products. When required develop longer-term plans for the business and, after agreement with the Executive Committee, review, and report on the progress on these.
* Proven management experience including internet-based trading.
* Excellent organizational and leadership skills
* Good communication and interpersonal abilities
* Good working experience of retail management software, internet trading, and knowledge of databases and information systems.
* Experience of Scouting or Guiding would be an advantage but is not essential. (The Manager will be registered as a "Supporter" of the Scout Association to ensure they receive information on relevant issues from Scout Headquarters.)
SALARY - £30,000 to £35,000 dependent upon experience.
HOURS - 35 hours per week. The Manager would be expected to work flexible to ensure that they covered, at different times, the full range of hours the staff work, including early starts, late finishes, and some Saturdays.
HOLIDAYS - 4 weeks (20 days) plus statutory holidays.
LOCATION - Trippet Lane Sheffield S1
REPORTING - The Retail Operations Manager will report directly to the Charity Chairman and Honorary Secretary and will work in conjunction with the Charity Administrator on financial matters.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment