Cashiering Team Leader - We are looking to attract a Cashiering Team Leader to join DWF, an award-winning legal business. This role requires a strong leader who is performance driven and can inspire others as well as support and develop team members.
This position offers an exciting opportunity for a high calibre leader to develop the team to achieve business objectives ensuring consistent performance. With a core objective of maintaining a well-organised Cashiering function (cash allocations), ensuring adequate controls and quality checks are in place and maintaining a high standard in order to comply with audit, governance and SAR guidelines. Main Duties
Skills, Experience and Personal Characteristics
- Day to day leadership responsibilities of the Cashiering team; monitoring the end-to-end process & individual team members' performance against agreed key performance indicators on a regular basis, and giving appropriate feedback as required and address/resolve underperformance in a positive manner.
- Embed and maintain a high performance culture ensuring that objective setting cascades to all team members and that the team have a clear understanding of how they contribute to the Finance and business strategy.
- To allocate roles and responsibilities across the team, ensuring that the utilisation of skills and expertise is maximised using best practice workforce management principles
- Act as escalation contact within DWF regarding any Cashiering related matters to deliver and promote a world class customer service culture
- Ensure that all processes and controls comply with the internal audit/governance requirements and Solicitors Regulatory Authority Accounting Rules (SAR).
- Ensure that all CHAPS/BACS receipts are processed on a daily basis to meet time deadlines.
- Work closely with the Credit Control Team to ensure prompt and accurate allocation of bill receipts.
- Ensure that all queries are responded to in a timely fashion and actively monitor service levels, with a view to implementing first class service at all times.
- Completion of the KPI reporting on a daily/weekly/monthly basis with the support of the Cashiering Manager.
- Supporting the Cashiering Manager to identify, drive & implement process and control improvements in the end-to-end processes across the team and to support the design, development and implementation of the solutions working closely with the various stakeholders.
- Oversee the integration of mergers and acquisitions onto 3e for the Cashiering team ensuring compliance with international regulations and efficient functionality.
- Active involvement in business improvement projects and work with change team to design and implement agreed new processes & policies effectively within the function.
- To develop professional networks across the business to understand the developing requirements of senior business leaders, trends, and developments within the wider business
- Liaising with the firm's Credit Control, Invoicing, and Payments teams to resolve operational issues and boost efficiency
- Supplying requisite management information for the compilation of the monthly dashboard statistics/reporting and utilising the data to identify and remedy and bottlenecks.
- Demonstrable experience of a Cashiering function, allocations process and experience of quality checking work and implementing checks and controls in a team
- Attention to detail with a commitment to high quality and accuracy
- Excellent knowledge of Solicitors Accounting Rules (SAR) and an appetite to ensure knowledge is up to date and refreshed on a regular basis
- Flexible and adaptable to deal with changing requirements, able to balance competing priorities
- Good Excel skills
- Ability to help lead and motivate a team including goal setting and performance management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to work effectively to meet deadlines
- Embraces change, with a 'can do' attitude
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to in-house systems and suggest improvements
- Experience of working with multiple locations, business units and currencies
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced dynamic environment successfully managing multiple tasks & priorities
- Experience of holding self and others accountable for the achievement of performance expectations. Creates an environment that enables others to perform at their best
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation. Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations. Disability Support
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at http://www.cleartalents.com/apply/ to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience , examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email the Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org Benefits package and flexible working:
We want you to feel valued and rewarded by your time at DWF. We understand the importance of offering you a reward package that goes beyond simply salary. That's why, when you join DWF, you'll be given a choice. You can pick from a range of benefits, allowing you to build a package that suits your needs and lifestyle, as well as those of your family. In addition to our standard benefits (medical insurance, life insurance, pension and 25 days annual leave), we offer flexible benefits which include season ticket loans, gym memberships, health assessments, cycle to work, retail vouchers and a buy as you earn share scheme. You will also have access to additional wellbeing programs such as an online GP and an Employee Assistance Programme.
DWF is a flexible business which has adopted a hybrid working model where our people enjoy a mix of home and office working. We believe that by operating in a hybrid way, our people enjoy the advantages of both office based collaboration and learning, as well as working from home. This way of working allows us to honour our commitment to being a responsible business, offer flexibility and better work life balance as well as ensuring we preserve the DWF culture and values. We welcome applications from people looking for a flexible and agile role and we are happy to explore your preferred working patterns as part of your application. About DWF
DWF is a leading global provider of integrated legal and business services, operating across eight key sectors in over 30 global locations with over 4,000 people. Our purpose is to deliver positive outcomes with our colleagues, clients and communities. The legal market has changed profoundly in the last decade and the speed of change continues to increase. There is a clear and growing desire for legal services to be delivered in an easier and more efficient way. So we've listened to our clients and designed a range of services to meet these needs. Our vision is to deliver integrated legal and business services on a global scale through our three offerings; Legal Advisory, Mindcrest and Connected Services. Our ability to seamlessly combine any number of these services to deliver bespoke solutions for our clients is our key differentiator. This Integrated Legal Management approach delivers greater operational efficiency, price certainty and transparency for our clients. Without compromising on quality or service.Supporting your application
Our recruitment process will comprise of interviews and, at times, a written exercise, an assessment day and/or a presentation. We want to make sure we do all we can to make this a positive experience for you. Please click the following link (https://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/
) which will take you through a simple process to identify any adjustments or additional support we can provide beforehand or on the day.Note to recruitment agencies
We hire the majority of our talent directly by our resourcing team or via referrals. On occasion, we will look for external support and will release vacancies to our recently reviewed Preferred Suppliers List. Speculative CVs sent by other agents or outside of the agreed process will not be accepted and no recruitment fee will be applicable