Two exciting Finance Manager opportunities have arisen at the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority (CPCA).
The CPCA is a young organisation, with a potential to make a huge difference to the communities in Peterborough and Cambridgeshire. The Authority is committed to delivering a portfolio of projects aimed at securing major developments and improvements for our residents across key areas including:
- Climate change aiming for net zero carbon
- Business & Skills - ensuring that adult learning matches future demand in the community, business, and the economy
- Transport - improving Public transport, Highways and Rail
- Housing - building affordable homes
Support specific areas of the business as designated by the Head of Finance leading on all aspects of finance in relation to that business area.
The Finance Manager will act as the lead Business Partner in providing strategic insight and commercial analysis to senior officers within their supported business area.Key Responsibilities
Qualifications and Knowledge
- To provide a full Finance business partnering service to key internal stakeholders
- To lead on and support the monthly budgetary control reporting process for the business area
- To lead on the annual budget setting for the area
- To carry out financial modelling and scenario modelling to aid key decision making
- Driving reporting enhancements and improvements
- To support Committee and Board paper authors to properly highlight and explain financial implications of the paper and its recommendations.
- To draft and present Finance papers to Committees.
- To review all Committee and Board papers in the relevant business area for financial implications prior to publication.
- To provide support in the setting up, implementation and rolling out of financial systems, processes & procedures to the business area.
- To provide support in the financial aspects of business cases and programme development.
- Act as lead on financial arrangements with third parties and Government where needed, including ensuring that grant returns and claims, financial returns and monitoring and evaluation data are properly and accurately completed and submitted by the due dates.
- To provide audit and assurance mechanisms to the CPCA on funding paid to providers and grant recipients
- To support the wider team in the year end closedown processes and to support the closure of the CPCA annual statement of accounts.
- To provide prompt information and support to external and internal auditors.
- To act as Company Accountant to CPCA subsidiary companies.
- To ensure that the financial health of providers is appropriately monitored and managed in the issuing of contracts and payments.
- To provide support to the business in establishing business rules and operational processes of CPCA
- To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested appropriate to the grade.
- To comply with Financial orders and standing regulations.
- Work with the Head of Finance to create, deliver and evaluate new funding models to deliver the wider CPCA ambitions.
- Possess the necessary qualifications and experience to carry out the functions associated with the post (CCAB Qualified Accountant or experienced AAT).
- Recent cross-functional business partnering experience
- Strong budgeting and forecasting experience Hands-on and willing to be fully immersed in driving process and systems improvements across multiple contracts or programmes
- Degree level or equivalent standard of general education
- Ability to communicate authoritatively, and appropriately in verbal and written form with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent organisational skills and expertise in managing projects involving multi-disciplinary stakeholders and groups.
- Understanding of financial strategy and planning, regulations, policies, and professional best practice
- 25 Days Holiday
- Incremental Salary Progression within grade
- LGPS Pension Scheme
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Monthly Wellbeing Workshops
The Data Protection Act 2018 is the UK's implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Under the Data Protection Act 2018, CPCA reserve the right to collect, store and process personal data about job applicants in so far as it is relevant to recruitment processes. This includes processing sensitive data for the purposes of monitoring the CPCA's equality and diversity policy. All personal information held by the CPCA will be processed in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act. Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority
is an Equal Opportunity Employer, who values diversity and promotes equality. CPCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis covered by Equality Act 2010. All employment is decided on qualifications, merit, and business need and we encourage applications from all sections of society. If you would like any reasonable adjustments or additional arrangements, please contact us via the details below.
For further information or for an informal discussion about the role please email email@example.com
Closing date: 28th June 2022