PSR Solutions are currently seeking an MEP Commissioning Manager, to work for an excellent commissioning focused consultancy in Central London. Our client have a strong pipeline of work to build on their multi-award winning development projects.
As MEP Commissioning Manager you will be responsible for the management of the commissioning of all M&E systems ensuring commissioning is undertaken and completed in line with the Construction Programme and systems are operating in accordance with the design and regulations. To identify where construction/installation works are preventing the commissioning of systems and assist the M&E team in addressing these.
* Reviewing the design/installation for system commission-ability.
* Ensuring installations are complete in every respect in accordance with the design and to all relevant regulations and standards to enable commissioning.
* Managing and reporting on the commissioning.
* To track progress of commissioning in relation to programme/agreed dates.
Key systems include but not restricted to:
* LTHW; Boilers/CHPs & HIUs
* CHW; Chillers & FCUs
* Corridor Smoke Ventilation
* Access Control/Security
* Fire Alarm
* Metering Systems
* Combined networks Health & Safety
* Ensure testing and commissioning RAMs are compliant and kept up to date including re reviews every 6 months or if the conditions of installation change sufficiently to warrant an update.
* Enforce site rules when on site.
* Raise near miss issues and issue disciplinary cards as and when required.
* Ensure the MEP project operations team are working with trade-contractors to implement and maintain permit to work processes
* Ensure the MEP project operations team are working with trade-contractors to Implement and maintain Electrical Safe Systems of work.
* Regular Health & Safety site audits Quality
* Snag Lists - Produce, review, monitor and manage closure of all snags impacting on commissioning utilising the Conject system.
* Witnessing - To witness the testing and commissioning of all systems managing 3rd party witnessing and the recording/reporting of results.
* Asite Submittals - Audit weekly ensuring test certification uploads are up to date and O&M information is issued in a timely fashion in line with agreed dates.
* Consultants/NHBC/ Building Control/ Secure by Design - Arrange inspections/witnessing. Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Proven track record and experience working as an M&E Commissioning Manager
* Ideally equally biased between mechanical and electrical
* Ability to read and understand programmes, drawings, specifications and use necessary software systems.
* An industry relevant City & Guilds/NVQ qualification or equivalent in Building services/mechanical/electrical discipline (preferred but not essential)
If you might be interested in this role or would like some more information, please get in touch with Harry on