Optimum Recruitment Group is currently working exclusively with a well established and growing business based in York, who are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant on a permanent basis to join the team.
The purpose of the role is to take full end to end responsibility for the purchase ledger (which will be approximately 80% of the role) along with other accounts assistant duties. The role would suit an experienced accounts clerk with strong Excel skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
* To accurately and efficiently process invoices into the accounting software.
* To accurately match, batch and code invoices.
* To seek authorisation for invoices processed in accordance with agreed authorisation levels.
* To process payment runs which would include supporting the prioritisation of payments to help manage cash-flow, service needs and payment terms.
* To identify those invoices which are exceptional or need escalating for payment or authorisation.
* Purchase Ledger query handling - communicating with suppliers and operational management as required.
* Carry out statement and bank reconciliations.
* Maintain the company cashbooks.
* To assist in month end duties, including accruals, prepayments and collection of information.
* Be numerate with excellent attention to detail and be used to working within a purchase ledger processing role.
* Be a team player, self motivated, organised and methodical.
* Have outstanding communication skills.
Salary between £23,000 - £25,000 plus benefits depending on skills and experience