SENIOR ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
HYBRID + PROGRESSION
Are you an accounts professional looking for your next challenge within a role that allows you to progress and build your skills and knowledge within a varied role?
This role would suit a tenacious individual who enjoys getting into the detail, understanding and chasing down issues to resolution whilst managing and tracking the inputs from various internal and external stakeholders. The team will also support the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable teams by maintaining accurate records regarding the status of debt and liabilities of a specific group of customers - Full training will be provided.
* Record, document and manage the onward billing of weekly, monthly, and ad hoc surcharges to customers including communication with the Key Account Management Team.
* Manage and support/cover junior members of staff to ensure that significant preventable charges are responded to within extremely tight contractual timescales
* Record potentially recoverable charges and distribute cases to internal teams, tracking and proactively managing to ensure speedy resolution.
* Create and document the requisite case management reference at source, ensuring a full audit log for accounting and compliance purposes.
* Managing, raising, and distributing credits due to customers ensuring Company authorisation procedures are followed
* Maintaining (including updating case statuses) within respective provision spreadsheets and to aid regular reconciliation to the General Ledger
* Managing and reporting on surcharge related invoice queries to ensure resolved (to aid debt recovery)
* Manage one internal Mailbox to ensure queries are assigned/escalated appropriately and responded to within strict internal SLAs
* Reconcile weekly purchase invoices to related jobs and ensure that these have been invoiced and paid for before payment of our supplier
* Management of the billing of additional surcharges based on operational reports
* Dealing with requests and queries from external auditors, customers, and internal stakeholders
* Provision of Management Information to key internal stakeholders and supporting the wider Finance team were possible
* Manage and develop one team member, the Accounts Assistant - Recoveries
Skills and experience :
* Experience of applying structured rule sets to ensure accuracy and completeness of record keeping
* Understanding of/involvement in billing, accounts payable and account receivable functions advantageous
* Good IT skills - experience of learning about new systems, maximising their functionality and capabilities to drive efficiency.
* Sage experince + excel skills
* Foundational accounting knowledge advantageous to the equivalent of AAT level 4
* Supervisory experience
* Minimum 3 years finance experience