Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Reports to: Financial Controller
Total team size: 3
No. of direct reports: 0
Jackson Hogg are delighted to be working with a market leader in the provision of sustainable recycled paper, corrugated cardboard and flexible packaging manufacturing solutions as well as solutions for waste management and the recovery of waste. Sustainability begins with their values - we care, we value and we challenge.
Specific Tasks/Accountabilities -
* Helping the Financial Controller with Meaningful monthly business reporting. Providing financial and operational information with relevant commentaries.
* Supporting Forecasting process (CF's) and supporting Business planning
* Sales and cost variance analysis (working alongside with commercial analyst)
* Invoicing process ownership. Assisting FC with month-end
* Web cycle Invoicing administration. Coding invoices in the systems (GL and cost centres)
* Prepayment and Cost Accruals management
* Assisting with financial and non-financial KPI reporting.
* Helping FC with governmental financial and statistical reporting (EC sales, ONS)
* Helping FC with financial SOP's creation (standard operating procedures)
* Supporting Internal Controlling (commercial)
* Travel Expense Process Ownership
* CAPEX administration and reporting to FC. Special focus on account reconciliation and support to FC with CAPEX order management
* Using Accounts Payable information to providing insights and reports to FC
* Master data maintenance - support function
* Preparation of Monthly Journals and monthly trial balance producing and balance sheet reconciliation and monthly P/L reconciliation.
* Helping Commercial Analyst with pricing
* GR/IR monitor and journal preparation to FC
* Helping with Monthly, Quarterly and Year-end reporting
* Working closely with cross functions (Purchasing, Logistic, HR, Operations, Legal department)
* Assist FC with financial projects
* Apply the Group's policies on equal opportunities, the environment, health, safety, and quality.
Skills, Qualifications & Attributes -
* AAT (or working towards) and Excel
* You have a Background in business or finance (advantage but not necessary)
* 1-3 years of experience in a similar position and official qualification in finance or relevant field.
* Excellent time management and reporting skills
* You are dynamic, proactive and have the power to propose.
* You master computer tools (MS Office Pack) especially in Excel like PIVOTS, advanced formulas, and good large data management and knowledge of SAP will be considered an advantage.
Other Standard Company Competencies are expected and will be discussed at time of interview