We are looking for a talented Electrical Design Engineer to join the team of a forward thinking ICP, the role is to design and estimate LV and HV networks both private and DNO with a view of growing into the 33kV market.
You will need experience of working for and IDNO, DNO and/or ICP.
This role comes with an attractive package of £40,000-£45,000 dependent on experience.
The Electrical Designer is responsible for the production of all aspects of ICP design
Working as part of a team to support the delivery of the business plan, with a particular focus on increasing the conversion rate from quote to order. Demonstrating first class Safety, Health, Quality, Environmental and Customer Service leadership ICP Design.
* Must be experienced in designing new connections Industrial & commercial and housing projects
* Manage the new connection from design to installation
* Apply for point of connection to the local DNO
* Design the contestable network solutions
* Audit and confirm the non-contestable works
* Liaise with DNOs and IDNOs
* Design bespoke internal solutions for multi storey premises
* Procure plant and handle all aspects of the connection works
* In house installation team with LV, HV and live jointing authorisation
* Carry out all associated civil engineering works
* Manage legal negotiations
* Hand over the network installation to the DNO or IDNO
Skill and Qualifications:
Qualification in Electrical Engineering
Experience in a similar role, gained with either the DNO or an Independent Connections Provider (ICP)
Strong understanding of electricity distribution network
Working knowledge of MS office software - Word, Excel, AutoCad (desirable)
11kV and 33kV design and estimation experience (desirable)