Purchase Ledger Clerk
Up to £24,000 + Amazing benefits + Bonuses
Our client is looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join them on a permanent basis based in their offices in Cheadle.
Complete complex processes and oversee associated transactional activities, to ensure data integrity and provide an effective and efficient service to the business and our customers whilst maintaining high internal standards. Mentor Admin Clerks within the team and step in to provide support where necessary (covering workloads and holidays). Committed to delivering high quality customer service, meeting SLAs, and working within defined policies and procedures of the department and the business.
* Complete complex processes and oversee supporting administration and processing.
* Processing, high value transactions in a highly fast-paced department
* monitoring returned funds
* Engage in project work, supporting management to ensure we obtain the best efficiency outcome whilst providing SME guidance to support testing of new processes and championing the identified and realised change.
* Provide solutions to your direct Team Manager on issues you have encountered.
* Effectively communicate with internal customers to maintain relationships
* Verify the correct control checks have been considered to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial data.
* Ensure all internal controls are always followed by Finance Operations and the business, reporting any concerns to management.
* Provide status of accounts and discrepancy reporting, escalating inconsistencies relating to all funds in and out of the business to minimise business risk.
* Complete control checks to ensure all Financial Mandating is present and regulatory consideration has taken place.
* Reconciliation and query resolution delivering high quality customer service.
* Ensure process steps are up to date and "one best way" is followed accurately and efficiently (always seeking efficiencies).
* Provide QA and feedback to processes completed across the business areas.
* Other ad hoc duties as required.
* Substantial Finance clerk experience (or equivalent) with evidence of operating to a high standard
* Multi cross skilled across the department, providing holiday cover as required
* Able to work under pressure, uses own initiative and constantly seeking to improve
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
* Excellent customer service and organisational skills
* Ability to work independently or as part of a team and support colleagues
* Ability to receive and deliver feedback in an open/constructive manner
* Effective multi-tasking skills
Benefits included with this Purchase Ledger role:
* 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down
* Private medical care insurance
* Free Gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts
* Health cash plan
If you think you have what it takes to become a purchase ledger, then please apply to this ad