Mechanical Design Engineer, Oxford, £33,000 - £38,000pa plus exceptional benefits:
MARS Recruitment is exclusively recruiting a Mechanical Design Engineer on behalf of a world leader in the design and manufacturing of scientific instrumentation. After a great couple of years for the business, even during this global pandemic, their Design Engineering Team is expanding and as a result is looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer with a minimum of 2-3 years mechanical design experience.
This role would really suit a Mechanical Design Engineer who enjoys and wants to develop their experience on the design and drawing elements of mechanical design. Your key responsibilities will be:
* Translate engineering requirements from customer and functional specifications into fully detailed designs
* Validate designs through simple calculations and analysis e.g. stress and safety considerations
* Ensure that designs conform to company standards and appropriate design processes are followed [The company is ISO9001 accredited and operates a DDM design management system]
* Produce accurate and unambiguous manufacturing information packs (Parts Lists, Bills of Materials, etc.)
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will need to be degree educated ideally in Mechanical Engineering. The following experience and skills are essential criteria:
* 3-years post qualification experience in relevant industry desirable
* Knowledge of precision mechanical engineering in a high technology, high precision industry
* Familiarity with designing equipment for ultra-high vacuum (UHV) and high stability applications
* Experience with Solid Edge software desirable
* Experience of using a design management system (DDM/PDM)
* Knowledge of limits and fits, stress calculations and drawing standards
Our client is offering an excellent salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday, contributory pension, life insurance, relaxed and flexible working environment.
If this Mechanical Design Engineer role sounds of interest, please send in an application to Lee at MARS recruitment.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven't heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles)