We are recruiting for a Finance Assistant for our Coventry Client. This is a great opportunity to join a company who is growing rapidly and has a very healthy order book until 2024.
The role is suitable for a candidate who wants to take a step into finance, this company will train you and develop you.
Great career prospects !!
The purpose of the Accounts Assistant position is to process and maintain purchase ledger, sales ledger records and provide financial administrative support to the company. Ensuring quality and timely financial information is provided and maintained in accordance with company procedures.
Main Responsibilities & Duties
· Ensuring all relevant invoices are correctly matched to a PO on the system, escalating and/or resolving with the originator where appropriate
· Ensure invoices are 'authorised', coded, and allocated with a daybook reference
· Reconciliation of supplier statements
· Dealing with purchase ledger queries escalating when necessary
· Raising invoices for sales ledger and administration of sales ledger
· Update and maintain spreadsheets
· Maintain accounting records
· High level accuracy off data input and coding
· Preparation of post for scanning and processing
· Copy and scan where required invoices and file appropriately both hard copy and electronic copy
· Reconcile receipts to employee expenses forms and credit cards, ensuring VAT is correct
· Filing all invoices
· Deal with supplier statements and queries
· Process and make payment supplier payment runs
· Issue remittance advices
· Be the main point of contact for Supplier calls, checking balances and escalating overdue invoices being chased to be authorised for payment in line with the weekly cashflow.
· Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details
· Answer all telephone calls into the business
· Undertake additional financial administration and duties to the Finance Department
Full Time, Perm position
Based in Coventry, CV2
£23,000pa to £24,000pa
33 days holiday
Training and qualifications
Monday to Thursday 08:00 - 16:30
Friday 08:00 - 13:0