Oaklands Global is currently looking to recruit a Head of Operations & Safety for a reputable client based in the South of the UK.
* To deputise for the Operations Director during any period of absence.
* To ensure that all regulatory requirements are adhered to at all times.
* Be the main interface with all other departments to ensure the smooth, safe and efficient running of the business.
* Responsibility for ensuring that procedures, practices and activities are conducted in accordance with the relevant certification requirements, CAA publications and ICAO policy documentation. Review changes in documentation to ensure compliance is maintained by revising procedures.
* Line management of the Ground Handling Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
* Conduct disciplinary processes in line with company policy and procedures.
* To ensure effective communication both internally and externally on all matters relating to the Operation and safety issues.
* Maintain the Safety Management System (SMS) and associated documentation to ensure compliance with applicable CAA regulations.
* Facilitation and management of the safety reporting system and reporting on safety performance.
* To facilitate hazard identification, risk analysis and management.
* To monitor the implementation of actions taken to mitigate risks, as listed in the safety action plan.
* To ensure that safety training is delivered to all staff.
* To provide advice on all safety matters.
* Monitor airside safety and investigate accidents, incidents or near misses reported, as well as ensuring mitigation is implemented as required by the SMS.
* To chair and manage the Safety Action Group.
* Co-ordinating the safety review board, safety action group and local runway safety team meetings.
* Developing and promotion of safety and just culture including safety surveys.
* To conduct root cause analysis of safety occurrences.
* To ensure timely filing of mandatory occurrence reports on behalf of the business.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Callum Devaney in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy